+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well if Ojomo doesn't make this team....

Then he will be picked within a couple of hours after we place him on the practice squad...

Starter
    Yea, the Patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    Then he will be picked within a couple of hours after we place him on the practice squad...
    Just as an FYI: When a team cuts a player they cant offer them the practice squad til they clear waivers. So technically Ojomo would never be on our practice squad.

Im sure its what you meant...its sort of more for those newer to these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzpapn View Post
    Yea, the Patriots.
    With Ojomo...its like the Pats and probably 28 other teams. No chance we let him go....he is the V Cruz of Defense

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Snappinnecks View Post
    He would never clear waivers to make it to the practice squad...
    Yea, the Patriots.
    He wouldn't make it that far down the waiver list, I think Indy has 1st pick of waiver wire so he would be a Colt.

Starter
    I was joking guys. Bilicheat loves our sloppy seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    With Ojomo...its like the Pats and probably 28 other teams. No chance we let him go....he is the V Cruz of Defense
    The Victor Cruz of the defense? So Ojomo, who's played primarily 4th quarter preseason football is going to be an all-pro, on a team with three DE who've already been all-pro? If you watch virtually every other preseason game from any season there's always some young stud who tears up the 3rd string O-line and gets to the third string QB. I believe several young players have done that against the Giants this season. It's kind of like stocks : "pre-season performance is no guarantee of future regular season performance." Ojomo , may have developable talent, and that's for the coaches to decide. To say he belongs on the team, isn't something any of us have enough information on based on a few late game performances. My feeling is they'll try to slip him onto the practice squad. He may clear waivers, or he may not; but I think the Giants have enough DE talent ahead of him to take that chance.

I was joking guys. Bilicheat loves our sloppy seconds.
    Becuz he took one player that we waived?

I think Harbaugh likes our sloppy seconds more than Belicheck...

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    The Victor Cruz of the defense? So Ojomo, who's played primarily 4th quarter preseason football is going to be an all-pro, on a team with three DE who've already been all-pro? If you watch virtually every other preseason game from any season there's always some young stud who tears up the 3rd string O-line and gets to the third string QB. I believe several young players have done that against the Giants this season. It's kind of like stocks : "pre-season performance is no guarantee of future regular season performance." Ojomo , may have developable talent, and that's for the coaches to decide. To say he belongs on the team, isn't something any of us have enough information on based on a few late game performances. My feeling is they'll try to slip him onto the practice squad. He may clear waivers, or he may not; but I think the Giants have enough DE talent ahead of him to take that chance.
    The reference of "V Cruz of the Defense" is in reference to how an undrafted rookie makes such an impact in preseason that it is impossible to quietly waive him and get him on the practice squad.

In Cruz rookie season the Giants wanted to get Cruz on the practice squad becuz of how raw he was...but his preseason (Jets game in particular) negated any possiblity of that becuz Cruz obviously woulda been snatched up by probably 28 other teams.

Same thing with Ojomo....either he makes the Final 53 or kiss him goodbye. No chance he makes our PS.