+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Major concerns heading into week 1

The Pats game was a huge disappointment on offense. The starters went against the Pat's scrubs and couldn't do anything. I hope this doesn't carry over into game 1.

looked bad against the scrubs they didnt to do much with fear of injury. however against a good bear d we had a great o performance
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season
    youtube (youth football Iselin Giants and look for video that's 4 mins 19sec)

Can't really gauge it from last nights walk through. However, offensive line is a huge concern. Seems like multiple defenders in the backfield on every running play.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Can't really gauge it from last nights walk through. However, offensive line is a huge concern. Seems like multiple defenders in the backfield on every running play.
    i agree line doesnt look good however last night snee didnt play and they kept running it by petrus to see what he had
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

the team had absolutely no intensity. but lets not look too much into it. in preseason games, offenses struggle often knowing they only have a few series and more pressure is added on each individual play to ensure the drive continues.
    we couldnt get out of our own way. team looked flat, but i think u also have to credit the intensity the NE 2nd teamers had. which is understandable bc many of them were playing for their job. they were celebrating when they made plays like it was the SB and not the last preseason game.

Also, i bet we were installing the gameplan for dallas already and things just werent working against a diff unit.

I have no worries about this game. The team will come out, and continue on without skipping a beat from the run last season. I expect BIG things

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    the team had absolutely no intensity. but lets not look too much into it. in preseason games, offenses struggle often knowing they only have a few series and more pressure is added on each individual play to ensure the drive continues.
    we couldnt get out of our own way. team looked flat, but i think u also have to credit the intensity the NE 2nd teamers had. which is understandable bc many of them were playing for their job. they were celebrating when they made plays like it was the SB and not the last preseason game.

Also, i bet we were installing the gameplan for dallas already and things just werent working against a diff unit.

I have no worries about this game. The team will come out, and continue on without skipping a beat from the run last season. I expect BIG things
    well said and i agree 100%
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season
    39 pancake blocks

All-Pro
    There was less intensity in that game last night than there is in the Pro Bowl.

Yes, the players trying to get it over with and go home in a meaningless game is a major worry.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Seems like multiple defenders in the backfield on every running play.
    Aka it seemed like we were watching video of our run game last year. It's preseason and the last game at that, but I am really hoping to see some major improvement over last year from the line.

Starters were playing not to get hurt, and our 2nd/3rd/4th string players were playing to get a spot.

I saw many non-starters playing with intensity at the end of the game (especially on defense).

Plus, our o-line was giving Carr and co. no time at all to make plays.

I wouldn't be worried at all.