+ Reply to Thread

Eli's first pre-season

Does anyone remember Eli's first pre-season as a Giant? For whatever reason I don't remember seeing him or having an impression of him prior to him getting into the line-up in 2004.

Anybody?
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

I don't remember that at all, but he wouldn't have been that spectacular given how his rookie season was...

i think we played the eagles that preseason and kearse or mcdougal or some philly DL player absolutely LEVELED eli blindside.

It happened in the reg season too. I may be wrong and it only happened in the reg season but i seem to remember it happened preseason too...

if i remember he looked "skidish" some good days some bad days it was a close battle between him and warner... that hit giants420 is talking about was the 1st game eli played in reg season. i think we were getting blown out and tc put eli in and he got destroyed... when he popped up from that it i knew we had something special in him just didnt think it would take so long to show
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 5 games

15 rushes for 175 yards 2 td
    17 pancake blocks
    20 tackles 2 sack (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    5-0record

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i think we played the eagles that preseason and kearse or mcdougal or some philly DL player absolutely LEVELED eli blindside.

It happened in the reg season too. I may be wrong and it only happened in the reg season but i seem to remember it happened preseason too...
    Nope we never played the Eagles in Pre-season, that was the 1st game of the year that Warner started. He got benched in the 4th because the game was clearly over. Eli's 1st play was a handoff to Barber that went for a TD. I think the 1st preseason game was against the Chiefs and Eli had a nice pass to that kid Taylor that ended up retiring due to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Nope we never played the Eagles in Pre-season, that was the 1st game of the year that Warner started. He got benched in the 4th because the game was clearly over. Eli's 1st play was a handoff to Barber that went for a TD. I think the 1st preseason game was against the Chiefs and Eli had a nice pass to that kid Taylor that ended up retiring due to injury.
    I remember that game like it was yesterday. He got creamed but he got back up and brushed it off like nothing happened. I wouldn't expect anyone to have gotten up after that. It was that bad of a hit.