+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wwjd

Wwjd

What will Jerry do.....

Ojomo and Tracy are looking like versions of this years Victor Cruz. Unfortunately, they both play the same position and they play it very well by all accounts. Can we keep both? How would we and where would that put us in a deeper hole?

Tracy would have been a lock if he didn't get injured and miss playing time that showcases Ojomo's considerable talents. Now, I'm not so sure. But is there a way for us to have our cake and eat it too? Precedence tell us perhaps.

With Tracy injured, we could put him on IR and keep Ojomo active for this season.

In Cruz's rookie season he had a "mild hamstring", had told a media head he was ready tor etun to [ractive and WHAM, he was placed on IR. Upon closer examination, Cruz was put on IR because Lawrence Tynes sprained his ankle and, with the regular season looming, they had to create room for an "emergency kicker" while Tynes healed. That maneuvering didn't turn out bad at all.

Let's give this a little more long term thought though. Will Osi be back next season and beyond? Tuck is getting older as well. So keeping both Ojomo and Tracy would be a very positive move for the future.

Do we consider the again porous, at times, OLine in the equation. We're not likely to find serious OLine help at this point in the process. So we are going top have to rely on our DEFENSE to carry the offense if only in the short term. DOn't anyone even try to turn this into an "he hates Eli" issue. If last night was any indication of how well the OLine is going to function, offense is going to be a struggle.

Can we level the playing field some by have a defense that literally creates havoc no matter who's playing?

Fire away!
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

im with ir tracey and keep ojomo
    FUTURE NFL STAR

2014 season

23 rushes for 255yards 3td
    39 pancake blocks
    50 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 & 10/26 )
    9-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season/ won second tiny mite bowl game

im not worried really. the team looked fine vs chicago. just a flat performance that happens often in preseason games for a multitude of reasons.

with tracy and ojomo, dont forget we're thin at DT as well until Canty returns and Austin gets healthy (even he is a question mark when healthy imo). Maybe we could list one of them as a DT. Ojomo did play DT at times at the U...Both dont really have the size for it...

Also, another guy we have to throw in the mix is Craig Marshall. He had a solid preseason. He played alongside JPP at USF. He has a ton of potential too, and he has certainly progressed nicely from last season. He was real raw last year and he made a jump similar to the one JPP made in terms of progressing as a player. No, he's no JPP I just mean that he is coming along nicely and could become a legit everydown, do it all DE...he could be PS material tho but it is risky. If Ojomo doesnt have the preseason he does, we would all be talking of Marshall that way and it would be justified, he has played great.

All-Pro
    Can they play any OL?

only he knows

A lot depends on what they think will happen with Osi. I agree with Ro. Tuck also getting a little older.
    Never enough pass rushers and JR knows this and adheres to it.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Ojomo seems to be the hot topic on everyone's mind this week. I think it's way too early to know if this guy's a player or not. It's funny; but I don't remember hearing his name in OTA's or during the early part of camp. He really came to light playing second half football in preseason. I basically turn the TV off during the second half of a preseason game, it's as close to irrelevant as it gets. It's usually a comedy of errors with missed assignments everywhere, and generally poor play, especially by the offenses. And the coaches didn't start Ojomo against NE even when they had an obvious opportunity to do so. I think that's telling. Broha and Marshall actually had more sacks than Ojomo and they were facing better competition. So this notion that Ojomo is a slam dunk, gotta keep type of player just doesn't seem to ring true when you look at what they did with him Wednesday night.

There was a DE about four years ago who came in and lit up preseason too. Seems like he actually started ahead of Maybin at Penn State until he got into some trouble. Somebody must remember his name; but the point is he wasn't kept by the Giants, and didn't clear waivers. I think Tampa picked him up, and I haven't heard anything of him since. I just wonder if Ojomo isn't the same type of player.

My best guess is the Giants cut him, and hope he clears waivers. If the coaches had started him against NE I might be inclined to think he was on the active roster; but they didn't so I don't think they place the same stock in him as a lot of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Can they play any OL?
    I'm not aware that they have in the NFL
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    A lot depends on what they think will happen with Osi. I agree with Ro. Tuck also getting a little older.
    Never enough pass rushers and JR knows this and adheres to it.
    The scenario about keeping both Tracy and Ojomo just got a lift up with the inception of the new IR rule.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Ojomo seems to be the hot topic on everyone's mind this week. I think it's way too early to know if this guy's a player or not. It's funny; but I don't remember hearing his name in OTA's or during the early part of camp. He really came to light playing second half football in preseason. I basically turn the TV off during the second half of a preseason game, it's as close to irrelevant as it gets. It's usually a comedy of errors with missed assignments everywhere, and generally poor play, especially by the offenses. And the coaches didn't start Ojomo against NE even when they had an obvious opportunity to do so. I think that's telling. Broha and Marshall actually had more sacks than Ojomo and they were facing better competition. So this notion that Ojomo is a slam dunk, gotta keep type of player just doesn't seem to ring true when you look at what they did with him Wednesday night.

There was a DE about four years ago who came in and lit up preseason too. Seems like he actually started ahead of Maybin at Penn State until he got into some trouble. Somebody must remember his name; but the point is he wasn't kept by the Giants, and didn't clear waivers. I think Tampa picked him up, and I haven't heard anything of him since. I just wonder if Ojomo isn't the same type of player.

My best guess is the Giants cut him, and hope he clears waivers. If the coaches had started him against NE I might be inclined to think he was on the active roster; but they didn't so I don't think they place the same stock in him as a lot of people do.
    It didn't matter is he started or not he was on the field as much if not more than Broha and Marshall were. he played in every quarter of the game last night and was very impressive. he really was close to having more sacks that game as well.

Also most of the practices weren't padded so it's hard to judge lineman and the ones that were you gotta realize he's undrafted so reps are at a minimum.