+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ware, Brown, Scott

I think we all agree that there are two spots for these three players and that this competition is the closest contest on the roster.

Ware offers experience, especially in pass protection.
    Brown was running effectively in the preseason, with the exception of his fumble.
    Scott offers something important too. Special Teams play. He blocked a punt this preseason. And was close to blocking a second one last night, which ended up being a huge penalty, keeping the Patriots drive going. He needed to take a better angle to avoid the kicker.

Personally, I thought Brown outran Ware, not only this past preseason, but in 2011 too. I predicted Brown would make the roster over Ware in 2011. However, Ware does offer better pass protection than Brown. That's why the Giants kept him in 2011 and will again in 2012.

Scott didn't get many carries, and when he did, it was late game when the third string Oline blocking was atrocious. However, I think he offers something that the other two don't with his speed he has the potential to block punts/ FGs.

So I think Brown, even though he ran the best of the three this preseason, doesn't make the roster. I don't think he is eligible for the PS. However, Joe Martinek likely will be available for the PS and is certainly eligible.

That's my two cents, and worth every penny!

this has become a tough one in my eyes

after watching Brown last night one would think that he earned himself a spot

so to me it comes down to Ware and Scott

I think you have to go with the experience in Ware .....as much as I would hate to lose the young fire and speed of Scott

then again Brown has had the dreaded injury

this one is a crap shoot in my eyes

can't wait to see what decision is made

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    this has become a tough one in my eyes

after watching Brown last night one would think that he earned himself a spot

so to me it comes down to Ware and Scott

I think you have to go with the experience in Ware .....as much as I would hate to lose the young fire and speed of Scott

then again Brown has had the dreaded injury

this one is a crap shoot in my eyes

can't wait to see what decision is made
    I think, after last night, Brown beats Scott out and they keep Ware. I thought it was interesting that they brought Brown back in after putting Scott in.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Looks to me like Scott might get the boot, but to be honest I hope that doesn't happen. I like that they would keep Ware for experience, but I think having Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson, and Scott might be more beneficial in the long run, while Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson, Ware might be "safe" for the short-run.

I really would hate to see Scott go because of his speed, but maybe Wilson actually replaces him completely and eventually Scott will go. I'd hate that, but whatever - who knows with the management and what they think.

I think all 3 have shown different flashes in preseason and ware is reliable and experienced...brown looked real good last night....Scott has shown on a few occasions he has something to offer and is young....

glad I don't have to make this decision
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Looks to me like Scott might get the boot, but to be honest I hope that doesn't happen. I like that they would keep Ware for experience, but I think having Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson, and Scott might be more beneficial in the long run, while Bradshaw, Brown, Wilson, Ware might be "safe" for the short-run.

I really would hate to see Scott go because of his speed, but maybe Wilson actually replaces him completely and eventually Scott will go. I'd hate that, but whatever - who knows with the management and what they think.
    I can see Scott getting picked up by someone like the Pats, Steelers, or Jets and blowing up

Honestly I think that Brown is getting cut, due to that very untimely fumble. It's a shame... I was really pulling for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I can see Scott getting picked up by someone like the Pats, Steelers, or Jets and blowing up

And that's why I am afraid of letting Scott go. Unfortunately, this will probably happen. I can see the Pats doing this 100% since IMO, they are slim in that category. So are the Jets, unless you(rhetorical) consider Shonn Greene a fairly decent RB.... HA... HA....

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    And that's why I am afraid of letting Scott go. Unfortunately, this will probably happen. I can see the Pats doing this 100% since IMO, they are slim in that category. So are the Jets, unless you(rhetorical) consider Shonn Greene a fairly decent RB.... HA... HA....
    But Scott has also had problems with the handle.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    But Scott has also had problems with the handle.

Didn't Tiki have problems with the handle too?

What about Bradshaw who had a little problem with that too?

I don't know... I feel like he can be developed more - I am just afraid he goes to another team and is a gem.