+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

David Carr: He is back to his old self ..holding the ball too long.

Was this his last shot at making this team ? He put together some mediocre drives at best. Granted the O-Line breaking down had evn Eli presured, but I saw Carr too many times holding that ball way too long. You would think by now a veteran QB , would have sense to throw it away out of play..I saw him throw into coverage and take hits that , that in my opinion a smart QB should never do. If not for some good running by Brown, Scott and Wilson, and a pretty good show by Defense....we lose this game...Where was Perriloux??

I don't think Carr is a reliable 2nd...he should be cut.

While he may be a verteran QB, he hasn't really been a "QB" for a while now so understandbly his timing is off. No matter how much you practice against your own guys, they're really not coming at you full force. I have faith in him to come in at a moments notice. I think if he had the same recievers as Eli, people that can make some distance from the guy covering them, he'd have more confidence in making passes. I always hoped he'd get picked up by another team and get one more shot at starting - look at Hasselback.

Bench Player
    50h cut Carr thread..... Can you answer the million dollar question? Who takes his place? If you are that concerned over Carr's ability to run the offense then you already know Perriloux is not the answer......

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK01 View Post
    50h cut Carr thread..... Can you answer the million dollar question? Who takes his place? If you are that concerned over Carr's ability to run the offense then you already know Perriloux is not the answer......
    Wish I could answer it...Apparently the Giants FO can't either. So..if we're not going after a a QB that could fill in for Eli..and not going after O-lIne that can keep him safe...maybe I don't even know what the million dolla
    r question is?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Razur View Post
    Wish I could answer it...Apparently the Giants FO can't either. So..if we're not going after a a QB that could fill in for Eli..and not going after O-lIne that can keep him safe...maybe I don't even know what the million dolla
    r question is?
    I think the million dollar answer is to keep Eli protected and injury free. But the FO already knows this. It's a puzzlement.

For now Carr is the best option we have.

Bench Player
    There are not 64 starting caliber QBs in the NFL, really there aren't 32 David Carr has experience and knows the Giants offense front to back. If/when he gets put into a regular season game with all the #1s in our offense he has the capability of keeping us competitive for a few games till Eli gets back. That's about all you can ask of a back up.

I'm gonna get flamed for this but so be it, Ryan Perriloux ran our offense way more efficiently. Carr looked like crap all pre-season. I also hate the way he throws the ball with that side arm garbage

Quote Originally Posted by BrianK01 View Post
    If you are that concerned over Carr's ability to run the offense then you already know Perriloux is not the answer......
    What makes you say that?

Wasn't Phil Simms praised for holding the ball and giving his receivers more time to get open?

Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    Wasn't Phil Simms praised for holding the ball and giving his receivers more time to get open?
    the difference is...Simms would throw the ball...make the completion then get hit........Carr just takes the hit and sack
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"