+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68
  1. #1
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    16,715

    We've been beating around the bushes on this one..........

    .............let's try to nail this down.

    I say that Nicks and Cruz are the best WR tandem the New York Giants have ever had. (I would even say by a wide margin)

    Agree or disagree and if you disagree, name your best pair.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  2. #2
    Yes, by far, at least for as long as I've been watching since the early 80s.

  3. #3
    All-Pro derekunion28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    amityville strong island
    Posts
    7,204
    i wana see them do it together another season...to diminish cruz 1 hit wonder judgers.....

  4. #4
    Veteran Rat_bastich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    2,598
    Since I have been watching the Giants I would have to agree. I don't think the Giants have ever had a receiving threat equal to even one of these guys. The Giants have never been a finesse team and have been a smashmouth team as long as I can remember.

  5. #5
    by far since the 70s...the only one Ive seen that might even be close....and by close I mean closer than the rest,,,,is Plax and Toomer and Toomer was getting older by that point
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

  6. #6
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    16,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Since I have been watching the Giants I would have to agree. I don't think the Giants have ever had a receiving threat equal to even one of these guys. The Giants have never been a finesse team and have been a smashmouth team as long as I can remember.
    That's another good way to look at it. These guys may very well be #1 and #2 all time for the Giants. It will take a couple more years to get me ALL IN on that but I expect it to pan out that way.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  7. #7
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,905
    Big, huge battle between Cruz/Nicks and Roddy white/Julio jones
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Big, huge battle between Cruz/Nicks and Roddy white/Julio jones
    I have a feeling that Julio Jones is going to be disturbingly good this year.

  9. #9
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    92,892
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    .............let's try to nail this down.

    I say that Nicks and Cruz are the best WR tandem the New York Giants have ever had. (I would even say by a wide margin)

    Agree or disagree and if you disagree, name your best pair.
    I agree, at least in my lifetime. Don't forget, RUN RUN was the mantra for a L O N G time
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  10. #10
    You never really know if this is the last year that these two play on the same team. Appreciate it while you can.
    3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick

    1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
    2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
    3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
    4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
    5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
    5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
    6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts