+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is this the end for DJ Ware?

was reading through some twitter posts and I came across this today

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
    Coughlin gives me something to chew on before projected roster by saying Da'Rel Scott + Andre Brown "distinguished themselves" last nt. #nyg

could this be the year that someone takes his spot? Why would Coughlin say that if he was planning on cutting Brown or Scott

Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    was reading through some twitter posts and I came across this today

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
    Coughlin gives me something to chew on before projected roster by saying Da'Rel Scott + Andre Brown "distinguished themselves" last nt. #nyg

could this be the year that someone takes his spot? Why would Coughlin say that if he was planning on cutting Brown or Scott
    At other times I would say the words of the coach or GM could be designed to keep other teams' GMs off balance. In this case, I agree with you that Ware is hanging on by a thread.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Some powerful words. Scary for Ware, but I'd be happy with it.

Isn't Ware a very crucial piece of the 3rd down pass protection package? Who would take over that role if he's cut? Wilson clearly is not ready for that, are you really willing to hang our precious Eli's neck on Scott or Brown? I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Isn't Ware a very crucial piece of the 3rd down pass protection package? Who would take over that role if he's cut? Wilson clearly is not ready for that, are you really willing to hang our precious Eli's neck on Scott or Brown? I'll believe it when I see it.
    He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He is the best route runner out of the backfield and knows his blocking assignments. If I were TC and his coaches, I'd make a calculated and educated guess about the OLine's ability to do its job. If they believe they can, Ware may be on his way out.
    lol RF, I thought you were heading the other way based on my opinion of the OL.
    No one remembers who came in second.

They may also feel someone else is progressing into that role....another one of these things we just don't know
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    lol RF, I thought you were heading the other way based on my opinion of the OL.
    I am, I was going through the back door to fool the detractors. IF the Oline can do the job is, at present, a major hurdle
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Ware's body reminds me of AP maybe if we made him start he'll be like AP who knows?

All-Pro
    I really don't think we can trust this OLine. Did anyone fail to notice Eli was mostly running for his life all night against the Pats second team defense? I'm all for getting rid of DJ but it could be a death Sentence for Eli. And I don't think anyone here wants to see Carr start.. Cut brown and move on
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***