+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Giants' will beatty could be ready for season opener

LINK

Excerpt: "
    Though Will Beatty did not suit up for a preseason game and is dealing with the constant uncertainty with his back injury, Tom Coughlin believes there's a chance the Giants' left tackle could be ready for Wednesday's season opener against the Dallas Cowboys.

"I’d like to have Beatty back without a doubt to put us back in at least a three-tackle situation. We’ll have to see how Beatty is," Coughlin said today on a conference call with reporters. "If he continues to make progress, then we should be able to get him back for the game." Read more ...
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 08-30-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I doubt it.

In the end I think Beatty goes on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    LINK

Excerpt: "
    Though Will Beatty did not suit up for a preseason game and is dealing with the constant uncertainty with his back injury, Tom Coughlin believes there's a chance the Giants' left tackle could be ready for Wednesday's season opener against the Dallas Cowboys.

"I’d like to have Beatty back without a doubt to put us back in at least a three-tackle situation. We’ll have to see how Beatty is," Coughlin said today on a conference call with reporters. "If he continues to make progress, then we should be able to get him back for the game." Read more ...
    I'm sure I'll be blasted for this, but I would rather David Diehl than Beatty at LT. Diehl is familiar with the position, and is also familiar with DeMarcus Ware. I'm not saying he stops Ware, but at least he does acceptably well. Who knows how a young, just off injured Beatty will do? Beatty really isn't any better than Diehl, despite a lot of fans wishful thinking.

This way, we will have the line from our Superbowl essentially together for the game and move Locklear to RT. Diehl hasn't looked very good at RT anyway, so it's not a huge loss at that position either.

wow i need to buy a lotto ticket...beatty wont start but it will be good to get him prepared to start week 2...with beatty, we can move lockler to rt and then the OL should be good to go to play well...

Better stated: Will Beatty ever be ready to answer the call?

No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Better stated: Will Beatty ever be ready to answer the call?

Elegantly stated
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    I'm sure I'll be blasted for this, but I would rather David Diehl than Beatty at LT. Diehl is familiar with the position, and is also familiar with DeMarcus Ware. I'm not saying he stops Ware, but at least he does acceptably well. Who knows how a young, just off injured Beatty will do? Beatty really isn't any better than Diehl, despite a lot of fans wishful thinking.

This way, we will have the line from our Superbowl essentially together for the game and move Locklear to RT. Diehl hasn't looked very good at RT anyway, so it's not a huge loss at that position either.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

lol + of approval RF nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Giantsfan241 View Post
    lol + of approval RF nice one
    We need David Diehl, who I respect immensely, at LT like a fish needs a bicycle