+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How confident are you with the current CB's?

With the rash of injuries to the position and departure to jacksonville for Ross, we are looking terribly thin at the position with little experience as well. Are you guys comfortable with our current roster or we do need to make a few moves i.e. trades, waiver wire pick ups... ??????

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated....

Banned
    I'm confident in the Dline which makes our DB's jobs easier.

Veteran
    I'm pretty confident in the DBs we have as is. There's no need to make any trades or waiver wire pick ups. Once Prince and Hosley get healthy, I'll think we'll be fine. Right now? It's a bit worriesome, but Coe seems like he can hold down the corner for the time being.

not very confident, Jerry better be scouring the wavier wire ... the new IR rule really helps us out though, we can wait on 1 player like a TT without using up a roster spot ... plus the Sash suspension in a weird way helps us, since he won't count against the 53 until week 5
    Apologize to Melo 5

I think we will do OK until Prince and Hosley get back on the field. With Webster covering the opposing teams #1 WR, we can match up Coe or Tryon with the #2 WR and provide extra safety help if needed. I don't think there are many #2 WR in the league who will be torching Coe with safety help all game.

Quote Originally Posted by G4L View Post
    I think we will do OK until Prince and Hosley get back on the field. With Webster covering the opposing teams #1 WR, we can match up Coe or Tryon with the #2 WR and provide extra safety help if needed. I don't think there are many #2 WR in the league who will be torching Coe with safety help all game.
    im glad you guys are ... but I'm not so sure after all this is the 3rd time with T2.. whose to say (knoc on wood) that something won't happen later down the road? I like tryon a lot from what i saw last year and his toughness playing with a broken arm, coe had moments last year, but they don't seem like #2 corners 2 me... nickel and dime corners yes... but i would love to be proven wrong and gladly eat crow pie.. I wouldn't mind parting wit a 3rd or lower round pic for some veteran who is established and somewhat familiar with our system...

I actually think they'll be fine with Coe for the time being. He's got good size for a CB, he's a vet and he's played tough in the time I've watched him play. Honestly the Giants could be a lot worse off than most teams having to turn to their 5th corner to make a start. Coe imo is a pretty solid #5.

I'm pretty confident. I think the guys we have can hold down the fort until we find out the full extent of Thomas' injury and until Prince and Hosley come back.

I will feel better when Prince and Hosley are back on the field and healthy. Don't know what to think about T2's injury, whether he is on the final 53 or put on the temp IR.

If anything, I would not mind Reese checking the waiver wire for some decent O-line depth.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

I am not confident at all with our CB's, even with a healthy prince and Holey. But I also feel that any available CB's will be garbage also. So all in with what we have, I guess.