+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whats with the vague injury information the team's been giving this year?

Seems like the team hasn't been really forthcoming with injury information this year. Canty and Austin come to mind. Do we really even know exactly what their injuries are? All I've definitively heard is Canty had some kind of knee surgery and Austin has a back issue. I have seen the word microfracture come up with Canty's name on Twitter (Mike G I think) but nothing confirmed. Is it just my perception, or are the Giants being more secretive with the injuries this year?

This year?!!
    Hate to tell you this but unfortunately the Giants are notorious for this. There have been way too many instances of a supposedly 2-3 week "sprain" suddenly becomes an IR nightmare.

Ive said this before...the more confidence i hear from the coaching staff about an injury not being severe...frankly the more I worry.

Better get use to it.

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    This year?!!
    Hate to tell you this but unfortunately the Giants are notorious for this. There have been way too many instances of a supposedly 2-3 week "sprain" suddenly becomes an IR nightmare.

Ive said this before...the more confidence i hear from the coaching staff about an injury not being severe...frankly the more I worry.

Better get use to it.

you guys do realize teams keep secrets so other teams don't know how to game plan........the only rule is a player has to be listed.....Belichek kind of destroyed the legitimacy of that when he started to report guys with hangnails just to prove a point

bottom line is all teams keep severity of injuries as hush hush as possible
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    you guys do realize teams keep secrets so other teams don't know how to game plan........the only rule is a player has to be listed.....Belichek kind of destroyed the legitimacy of that when he started to report guys with hangnails just to prove a point

bottom line is all teams keep severity of injuries as hush hush as possible
    Well judging from my comment ... i would have assumed that I did know this.

Well judging from my comment ... i would have assumed that I did know this.
    sorry I got impression you felt like the Giants are the only team that does it and you weren't sure ,,why..was just trying to help...not offend you
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    sorry I got impression you felt like the Giants are the only team that does it and you weren't sure ,,why..was just trying to help...not offend you
    Its all good...no harm no foul.

Its all good...no harm no foul.
    Even if there was a foul...the replacement refs wouldn't call it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by G4L View Post
    Seems like the team hasn't been really forthcoming with injury information this year. Canty and Austin come to mind. Do we really even know exactly what their injuries are? All I've definitively heard is Canty had some kind of knee surgery and Austin has a back issue. I have seen the word microfracture come up with Canty's name on Twitter (Mike G I think) but nothing confirmed. Is it just my perception, or are the Giants being more secretive with the injuries this year?
    If I was king, I would be the guru of misinformation as much as I could get away with it. I'd push that grey
    area in the rules (whatever they are) and keep opposing teams guessing as much as I could.

Quote Originally Posted by G4L View Post
    I would agree with you. Although you never know the whole story (think Kenny Phillips) this year seems even worse and Canty is a perfect example. When they put him on PUP at the start of training camp I remember him expressing frustration because he believed he was ready to go. Here we are almost 8 weeks later and he's placed on the IR/PUP and we still don't realy know what bothering him or the prognosis.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I would agree with you. Although you never know the whole story (think Kenny Phillips) this year seems even worse and Canty is a perfect example. When they put him on PUP at the start of training camp I remember him expressing frustration because he believed he was ready to go. Here we are almost 8 weeks later and he's placed on the IR/PUP and we still don't realy know what bothering him or the prognosis.
    Yeah, I think what makes it stand out more this year is how the players seem to be giving different info to the media than the coaching staff. Both Austin and Canty seemed to be downplaying their injuries. During the offseason, Canty had been saying he would be ready at the start of camp. Now he's on the PUP and unavailable until at least week 6.