+ Reply to Thread

Ware/Douglas/G.Jones cut and other info

Those 3 were cut, as well as DT Marcus Thomas.

What this tells me, is that Austin is ready or just about ready to return. And that Wilson has met or exceeded the coaches expectations and will use him to spell Bradshaw. It also means they want to use Brown and Scott as well.

Kind of a youth movement at the RB position even tho Ware was 26 IIRC.

Douglass being cut means Hixon is safe. And G.Jones could mean Tracy AND Ojomo make the team.

Veteran
    I just would have kept Ware because of his pass protection knowledge...but hey they know more about who can do what on the team more than I do. (plus Im a Georgia fan so I had a soft spot for Ware lol)

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Those 3 were cut, as well as DT Marcus Thomas.

What this tells me, is that Austin is ready or just about ready to return. And that Wilson has met or exceeded the coaches expectations and will use him to spell Bradshaw. It also means they want to use Brown and Scott as well.

Kind of a youth movement at the RB position even tho Ware was 26 IIRC.

Douglass being cut means Hixon is safe. And G.Jones could mean Tracy AND Ojomo make the team.
    You have to provide a link with this information

Very surprised about Ware. Not that I wanted to keep him for his running ability, but I thought he'd stay for is blocking ability. But obviously TC Joe's what he is doing, I guess they feel Wilson is ready. And that is great news.

oh thanks MOD C. I worded the title badly, I wasnt trying to report they were cut bc thats already been done. I was just using their names to speculate on the reasons they were cut. thanks again for the link.

I really am excited. When u let go of a guy like Ware, its bc there is an upgrade to him. Wilson is gonna have a huge year.
    And I also believe Austin will be ready to progress and contribute. Thomas could have easily been our 3rd DT and no one would think a thing of it bc of Canty's absence. But letting him go means they are happy and confident with Austin, hendricks, and Kuhn. Bc Joseph and Bernard will most likely be our starters.

Although there is the outside chance Austin could start bc he plays essentially the same position as Canty in terms of gaps.