+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NFL teams cut-down to 53

LINK

GIANTS:
    Biggest name: DL Marcus Thomas, who joked earlier in the week that theMadden folks would change his profile photo if he made the team. Whoops.Other names: RB D.J. Ware, S Tyler Sash, DE Matt Broha, WR Isaiah Stanback, TE Larry Donnell, LB Jake Muasau, T Matt McCants, DE Craig Marshall, WR David Douglas, LB Greg Jones, WR Dan DePalma. (via theNewark Star-Ledger)
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Now that the Pats have cut all 3 of their receivers Branch , Stallworth and Gaffney don't be surprised to see Douglas as a PAT.

I woudl be EXTREMELY surprised to see Douglas clear waivers...

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic1 View Post
    Now that the Pats have cut all 3 of their receivers Branch , Stallworth and Gaffney don't be surprised to see Douglas as a PAT.
    I agree with you. I didn't think he would get cut. He's going to be one helluva returner on whatever team he lands on, and he should land on one. I would have rather had him then Jernigan. Not saying anything bad about JJ, but I think Douglas performed better in his rookie year then JJ did in his.
    I miss Red Hook!

odd stuff......jones ware

shaking things up a bit. never thought they'd release Ware, Sash, Jones. I like the confidence it shows in the other guys.

edit: Sash not cut, see next post
    Last edited by fourth&forever; 08-31-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Sash was appearantly not cut but rather on the reserve/suspended list. I guess he doesn't count against the 53.

From Mike Garafolo:
    "This entry originally had Sash listed in the cuts section above with a designation in brackets he was being put on the reserve/suspended list. But obviously that was too much for people like The Sports Network to comprehend. They erroneously reported that I and Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News reported Sash was cut. So no thanks to those guys for making me, Vacchiano and Sash look bad."

All-Pro
    the only name i am really disapointed with on that list is Douglas. I really tought the giants would see the potential in this kid and give him a chance. I think marshall and depalma will land on PS. I dont see Douglas clearing waivers. Now we will get to see him shine for years with another team. He could become a thorn in our sides for a long time to come. Well after JJ is long long long gone Douglas will still be getting it done for whoever picks him up
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Douglas >>>>>>>>>> Jernigan....

Very disappointed they chose JJ over DD when it is obvious DD has more heart and skills that can be applied in an NFL game.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN IR Terrell Thomas, Shaun Rogers