+ Reply to Thread

Our next two games should cover our weaknesses somewhat

Both the Redskins and the Jets are defense-oriented teams, something which plays into our hand quite well. Neither has a quarterback that can torch the secondary like the last three guys.

These games, I feel, will come down to whether the offense can execute- and frankly, with Eli, I think that's a safe bet

Re: Our next two games should cover our weaknesses somewhat

[quote user="tuck&rolle"]Both the Redskins and the Jets are defense-oriented teams, something which plays into our hand quite well. Neither has a quarterback that can torch the secondary like the last three guys.

These games, I feel, will come down to whether the offense can execute- and frankly, with Eli, I think that's a safe bet
    [/quote]

I get where you're coming from, but Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst played well against this secondary. Grossman torched them in week 1 and Sanchez is better than Jackson and Whitehurst. I don't trust this secondary against any quarterback.

Veteran

[quote user="TrueBlue2180"][quote user="tuck&rolle"]Both the Redskins and the Jets are defense-oriented teams, something which plays into our hand quite well. Neither has a quarterback that can torch the secondary like the last three guys.

[/quote]

I get where you're coming from, but Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst played well against this secondary.* Grossman torched them in week 1 and Sanchez is better than Jackson and Whitehurst.* I don't trust this secondary against any quarterback.
    [/quote]

Sad but true.

[quote user="TrueBlue2180"][quote user="tuck&rolle"]Both the Redskins and the Jets are defense-oriented teams, something which plays into our hand quite well. Neither has a quarterback that can torch the secondary like the last three guys.

[/quote]

I get where you're coming from, but Tarvaris Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst played well against this secondary. Grossman torched them in week 1 and Sanchez is better than Jackson and Whitehurst. I don't trust this secondary against any quarterback.
    [/quote]

Fair enough, but it should at least be a little easier to watch

Any given week with this defense Rex Grossman could be > Romo, you just never know