+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More disrespect

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    How is this disrespect? Yes, the Giants won the SB last season. It doesn't mean they were the best, most powerful team in the NFL. Quite frankly, they were a 9-7 team that got hot at the perfect time. They had a lot of flaws, and they still do, especially with yet another injury plagued pre-season this year.

Look at the schedule, look at the question marks across the roster, and then ask yourself, REALISITICALLY AND HONESTLY, if you'd pick the Giants to repeat. These guys aren't paid to be homers. GB and SF were much stronger teams last season, and even though the Giants beat them both in the playoffs, it doesn't mean the Giants were the overall stronger team. THAT DAY, they were, but the numbers dont lie. If you expect most analysts to automatically pick the Giants to win it all again, you're not being the least bit realistic.

I definitely think we'll be in the mix. Right now, today, I dont see a repeat. On paper, there are too many question marks. Thats not disrespect, thats objectivity and reality.
    I don't think everyone thinks they are going to repeat but a lot of the so called experts have us missing the playoffs that is disrespect and unfair the Giants are not as bad as you seem to think the fact of the matter is the Eagles were 8-8 last so were the Cowboys and Detriot had one more win then us,so how do some of them have us missing the playoff, do you think the Eagles are that much better then the Giants that they are going to make it to the NFCG?

I just do not see how anyone can pick the cowboys or the eagles to win the NFC. Even if they manage to take the division from us, which is highly highly doubtful, they are somehow going to be able to beat the packers and the 49ers or some combination, or the saints or whoever they play?

Did you see how many hits Eli took in the 49ers game? At that point in the season Vic would absolutely crumble under that kind of physical game. The guy can't even make it through the pre-season anymore. He might not even survive game 4 with us. Romo is the best 4th quarter quarterback to lose 90% of the games decided in the forth quarter.

If anyone picks these teams its disrespect of what we have done. We shutdown and outscored all the best teams on our super bowl run. We are fielding essentially the same team...if not better.

Not picking us is disrespect. Sticking a fork in Strahan's neck is disrespect. I really hope we wallop these mofo's this year.

Veteran
    GB and SF were much stronger teams last season,
    Really, so they BOTH played their worst game twice last season, because they both barely beat us in the regular season.
    Why didn't they blow us out during the season if they were so much stronger. Seems like you are just ignoring that we were
    competitive with them even when our team was banged up.

Great! Let them forget about us until its too late. Bawahahaha
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I don't think everyone thinks they are going to repeat but a lot of the so called experts have us missing the playoffs that is disrespect and unfair the Giants are not as bad as you seem to think the fact of the matter is the Eagles were 8-8 last so were the Cowboys and Detriot had one more win then us,so how do some of them have us missing the playoff, do you think the Eagles are that much better then the Giants that they are going to make it to the NFCG?
    I dont think the Giants will be a bad team this season. I just dont think they'll be as good as many of you guys are expecting. Right off the bat, the OL, on paper, got potentially worse. We have no idea how that unit is going to gel, and with no OL, you aren't doing much of anything on offense. The secondary is blown up all to hell with injuries, the DT spots are a concern because of injury/depth, there's a youth movement going on at LB, and some new blood in Rivers, which is also a question mark on paper.

I'm not being negative, and I'm not being overly positive. I look at this team, and we really have no idea if they've improved from last season or not. A TON of changes took place, and a lot of new blood is on the roster. Its not unreasonable to have concerns and to look at things without blue glasses on.

And I almost forgot. Did you take a gander at the schedule? Ugliest I've seen in years, on top of all of the question marks. Add it all up, and a lot of people aren't going to have high expectations for this team, especially the media types. I hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Really, so they BOTH played their worst game twice last season, because they both barely beat us in the regular season.
    Why didn't they blow us out during the season if they were so much stronger. Seems like you are just ignoring that we were
    competitive with them even when our team was banged up.
    Not to be a smart ***, but I don't recall seeing an "Almost" anywhere near the W-L columns

I know the games were very tight, but the Giants still lost them and got in with 9 wins, as opposed to 15 wins for GB and 13 for SF. Comparing GB's offense with the Giants' offense is not close, nor is comparing SF's defense with the Giants's defense. Thats all I meant

How is this disrespect? Yes, the Giants won the SB last season. It doesn't mean they were the best, most powerful team in the NFL. Quite frankly, they were a 9-7 team that got hot at the perfect time. They had a lot of flaws, and they still do, especially with yet another injury plagued pre-season this year.

Look at the schedule, look at the question marks across the roster, and then ask yourself, REALISITICALLY AND HONESTLY, if you'd pick the Giants to repeat. These guys aren't paid to be homers. GB and SF were much stronger teams last season, and even though the Giants beat them both in the playoffs, it doesn't mean the Giants were the overall stronger team. THAT DAY, they were, but the numbers dont lie. If you expect most analysts to automatically pick the Giants to win it all again, you're not being the least bit realistic.

I definitely think we'll be in the mix. Right now, today, I dont see a repeat. On paper, there are too many question marks. Thats not disrespect, thats objectivity and reality.
    good post

by the way under Coughlin we historically don't make the Play Offs after a successful previous year, SB or not.

that said enjoy being a Giants fan, haters gonna hate...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Veteran
    Not to be a smart ***, but I don't recall seeing an "Almost" anywhere near the W-L columns

I know the games were very tight, but the Giants still lost them and got in with 9 wins, as opposed to 15 wins for GB and 13 for SF. Comparing GB's offense with the Giants' offense is not close, nor is comparing SF's defense with the Giants's defense. Thats all I meant
    Still does not answer the question of why neither of them blew us out in the regular season if they were "much stronger teams".
    Our D was much better than GB's and our O was much better than the niners. We basically blew out GB the second game.
    The niners were closer, but not a huge amount better than the giants, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OX1 View Post
    Still does not answer the question of why neither of them blew us out in the regular season if they were "much stronger teams".
    Our D was much better than GB's and our O was much better than the niners. We basically blew out GB the second game.
    The niners were closer, but not a huge amount better than the giants, if at all.
    My point is, both of those teams finished with 4 and 6 more wins, and each team had a #1 ranked unit in the NFL(Offense/Defense)

I don't disagree with you, but I'm trying to make the point as to why the media is picking them over the Giants. They see numbers and rankings, and they base their opinions on those numbers and rankings. The Giants were largely middle of the road for most of last season in a lot of categories, and were dead last in pretty much every rushing category. That is the kind of stuff they remember, and why, despite winning the SB, they'll never get the kind of praise that a lot of folks here think is warranted. I dont see what they're saying as disrespect. It's a numbers game, and numbers dont lie.

As we all know, they have their favorites too. Dallas, GB, the Jets, Philly, and now Denver will always be part of the conversation, no matter how good or bad they're playing. It's nothing new, but keep it in mind.

anyone here the espn radio personaity pick giants going in as wild card and winning super bowl against the new england i was like wtf is he smoking ? heard it saturday 9-1-12

+ Reply to Thread