+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Draft a CB high next years draft? ... Oh we have a season to play still this year? :D

But seriously we better get on with the talent at W.O. in our division.

If my boy C-Web goes down suicide is imminent.......

Whoops that was supposed to say CB not QB haha...
    Last edited by NYG4lifeNYK; 08-31-2012 at 11:53 PM.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Webster is a FA after the 2013 season, isn't he? I can't imagine him returning to the Giants unless he agrees to a team friendly salary. Depending on what happens with Prince and his future regarding injuries, we might be inclined to pick up another CB in next year's draft around the round 2-4 range. As of this point in time, I'm predicting we draft 3 OL, 1 CB, 1 WR, 1 DE/LB, and perhaps a S as well depending on how things work with Phillips in the next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Webster is a FA after the 2013 season, isn't he? I can't imagine him returning to the Giants unless he agrees to a team friendly salary. Depending on what happens with Prince and his future regarding injuries, we might be inclined to pick up another CB in next year's draft around the round 2-4 range. As of this point in time, I'm predicting we draft 3 OL, 1 CB, 1 WR, 1 DE/LB, and perhaps a S as well depending on how things work with Phillips in the next offseason.
    Webster earns every penny of his salary. We'll see how high of a level he's playing at in 2014, he might warrant it or take a pay cut.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Webster earns every penny of his salary. We'll see how high of a level he's playing at in 2014, he might warrant it or take a pay cut.
    I agree but I think his current contract is his "get paid" one in the eyes of the Giants. He's going to have to come at a bargain at 32 years old in the eyes of Reese. They're going to want to tie most of the money into younger players that have around 10 years to offer. Either way, we get another CB early in next year's draft or in 2014.

Giants select TJ McDonald at 32 next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Anyone else worried about this teams Oline scouting. they havent got a good 1 here since Diehl. The ones they have drafted have been awful. then the guys the team really liked have been bad.Nate Solder has been dreadful and ijalana got hurt twice and hasnt played a down. Oline might not be the best position to go after athletes. Its more about technique, leverage and hand usage. I like taking the best possible athletes on Defense because its more reactionary but on Offense its more important to have smart Football players that can handle spot assignments

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Anyone else worried about this teams Oline scouting. they havent got a good 1 here since Diehl. The ones they have drafted have been awful. then the guys the team really liked have been bad.Nate Solder has been dreadful and ijalana got hurt twice and hasnt played a down. Oline might not be the best position to go after athletes. Its more about technique, leverage and hand usage. I like taking the best possible athletes on Defense because its more reactionary but on Offense its more important to have smart Football players that can handle spot assignments
    We try too much in saving OL concerns for the later rounds and all of the guys we've grabbed are extremely unpolished, needing around 2+ years before we can even consider them in the hunt for a starting job. That's why I'm worried that if we had the opportunity to draft someone like Barrett Jones, we would just skip over him since he isn't an athlete even though he is smart and extremely versatile.

OL is the much higher priority but if a high level cb is available, I'd go for that as well. Free agency will dictate some of that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

We stole Hosley with a third round pick this year. If Prince actually shows he can play, I think we're sitting pretty good at corner right now. Webster is the only vet who might be going anywhere in the next year or two.