+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ross vs TT

Ross vs TT

Could we have afforded to keep Ross with the money we just flushed away gambling that TT could return to form? I know TT's deal was heavy in incentives with little guarenteed and I don't know what kind of deal Ross took with the Jags. Ross definitely had his ups and downs but I would feel better with him on the roster now that TT is out.

I've wondered the same thing, but it's a moot point. We couldn't afford both, so even JR looses a roll of the dice once in a while.

Ross signed a 3 year, $15 million deal with the Jags. That's a lot of money for Ross imo.

We would never have found enough $ to keep him. Hosely is a nice long term answer. Prince might still come to america and play.

Ross' contract gives him around $1 million more per year than what Thomas would be receiving.

I liked Ross than most others, but it was a crap shoot with both of them IMO. Ross is injury prone as well. I think that TT was the better risk being that he wasn't going to cost as much.

I preferred Ross more than T2. And Ross always showed up in the playoffs. T2 made a few nice plays, but got burned quite a bit.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

The way Tryon and Coe (and Hosley before he got injured) stepped up this preseason, I'm not as worries as I was. We can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Ross' contract gives him around $1 million more per year than what Thomas would be receiving.
    T2 only makes 1 mil of his contract in the 1st season. It was designed that way so he could show his knee was healthy, and if it was not he could be cut without much expense to the team. However, his contact in the subsequent years goes up dramatically. Furthermore, you are incorrect about the 1 mil per year more than T2 because you aren't including the potential 11 extra mill T2's contract had in performance bonuses.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The way Tryon and Coe (and Hosley before he got injured) stepped up this preseason, I'm not as worries as I was. We can do this.
    i saw tyron got beat alot

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg