+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd Man Out

Odd Man Out

Who is the most probable player to get cut when Canty comes back ? And who goes if and when Tyler Sash gets back into action ? I know there is one or two obvious names at this moment but I want to hear it from you guys .

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Who is the most probable player to get cut when Canty comes back ? And who goes if and when Tyler Sash gets back into action ? I know there is one or two obvious names at this moment but I want to hear it from you guys .
    I'm thinking one of our safeties will go when Sash comes back unless they prove themselves exceptionally well. A running back may find their way out depending upon production when Canty comes back...or possibly even a corner. Which ones I don't know. I think they leave the receivers and both lines alone especially since our defense is predicated off our d-line.
    Last edited by Rat_bastich; 09-01-2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: corrected punctuation...to a point

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    I'm thinking one of our safeties will go when Sash comes back unless they prove themselves exceptionally well. A running back may find their way out depending upon production when Canty comes back...or possibly even a corner. Which ones I don't know. I think they leave the receivers and both lines alone especially since our defense is predicated off our d-line.
    Very difficult decisions indeed ! It's hard to see Canty completing a 5 DT rotation and I'm still surprised to see the Giants with 5 CB in the roster with 2 of them being hurt at this moment. IMO I see Will Hill converting to CB when Sash returns, giving the CB position more depth. The obvious move I foresee In the near future is Kunh for Canty . Don't know if Kuhh would still be a candidate to practice squad by then if not, its going to be a shame to see the Big German fly away.

I think Sevie Brown is the candidate for Sash. For Canty, it will probably be between Tracy and Ojomo

Quote Originally Posted by G.I. Ants View Post
    I think Sevie Brown is the candidate for Sash. For Canty, it will probably be between Tracy and Ojomo
    Brown is likely, I would say Kuhn when Canty comes back. Then he's signed to the practice, if he's still eligible for that

Usually there is an injury along the way to help sort things out. If the Giants are impressed with a player they will park him on IR a la Victor Cruz in 2010.

Giants have until week 6 to activate Canty off of the list. Then i THINK they have 3 weeks of practice to get him on the active roster. That totals 9 weeks. For the practice squad eligibility, I believe it is one accrued season on the 53 man roster, or more than 9 weeks in one season on the 53. So, Kuhn will be pushed right to the limit if Canty takes what will feel like forever to heal and be ready to go.

I hate philthy. The teams, their fans, the city. I don't really mind the cowgurls, they're so dysfunctional I almost pity them. And the foreskins are just an afterthought.

welll you are assuming that nobody else will get hurt before weeks 6 to 9 .... i hope you are right, but never seems to go that way

guys like Kuhn and Tracy would be the lowest lineman on the depth chart, IMO
    Apologize to Melo 5

I don't think it's a given that Sash is added when he comes off the suspension. It is an easy way for the Giants to stockpile a safety as insurance against an injury. Not sure who all of our backup safeties are but what I've seen of Sash last year and this tells me that he is just ordinary, he certainly wouldn't cost Will Hill his spot.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    Well to me its easier to say who will get released when Sash comes back. Unless Stevie Brown lights it up, I think he is gone when Sash's suspension is over.

As for the return of Canty, I want to say Kuhn would be released. Hopefully then, when he clears waivers, we can sign him to our practice squad(as long as he has not played in too many games, according to the ps rules). But who knows what happens with Austin. If he gets the short term IR, the Giants may re-sign Hendricks.
    "Why did it take us three years to figure out Jerel Jernigan can play?" John Mara