+ Reply to Thread

NFL.com saying Nicks will play in pain

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/09/01/gian...headline_stack

the writer tried to spin it a little imo. No player is ever 100% and they usually have some issue going on with their body. The spin from the article makes it seem like he hasnt completely healed and is rushing it a little.

Nothing from what I've read from Giants.com, or the News threads that RF posts, supports this article imo. I think Nicks should be his old self...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/09/01/gian...headline_stack

the writer tried to spin it a little imo. No player is ever 100% and they usually have some issue going on with their body. The spin from the article makes it seem like he hasnt completely healed and is rushing it a little.

Nothing from what I've read from Giants.com, or the News threads that RF posts, supports this article imo. I think Nicks should be his old self...
    who knows if Nicks is 100%. But I would trust what Nicks or his doctor would say regarding his recovery over some writer/blogger. I'm sure he may be a little sore at first, but the NFL season is a long and grueling season. Most players will play with some aches and pains throughout the season. By December a lot of guys are toughening it out.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

yeah thats what i was thinking. but the thought just crossed my mind that with nicks prior history of missing some time per season, and with the season being such a long grind, that we are actually very lucky JR has stacked the wr core. We may spell Nicks and give hims snap counts all season or most of the season...we certainly have the talent for it imo. i know u want a guy like nicks out there every snap, but the season is so long, it may make sense to streven strausberg him and make sure his work load is light, but enough to wear he can make a meaningful impact. Maybe make Cruz the theoretical #1 for a half the season or something i dunno...just NEED a healthy nicks all season and playoffs

I would never trust what the player says himself. If Nicks had his way, he would have been out there weeks ago. Same can be said for Thomas. Though I would put more trust in the training staff and he's under their schedule.

it's cool he got an new era endorsment deal they make the best and dopest hats, I would of happily accepted too. I was wondering why the sudden increase in hat wearing from him.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I would never trust what the player says himself. If Nicks had his way, he would have been out there weeks ago. Same can be said for Thomas. Though I would put more trust in the training staff and he's under their schedule.
    Why not I don't think Nicks is the type of player to lie... if he couldn't play I think he wouldn't play unless it's the SB. he'll be fine I'm not even worried about it.

I don't know where this info is coming from but Nicks has said his foot feels fine, beware of sports writers weaving stories just for the hype...