+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should we "Strausberg" Hakeem Nicks?

not in that exact way, but you know keep him limited after returning from injury....

because the thought just crossed my mind that with nicks prior history of missing some time per season, and with the season being such a long grind, that we are actually very lucky JR has stacked the wr core. We may spell Nicks and give hims snap counts all season or most of the season...we certainly have the talent for it imo. i know u want a guy like nicks out there every snap, but the season is so long, it may make sense to streven strausberg him and make sure his work load is light, but enough to wear he can make a meaningful impact. Maybe make Cruz the theoretical #1 for a half the season or something i dunno...just NEED a healthy nicks all season and playoffs

edit-is there a way to edit the title of a thread? I would have just added this to the NFL.com article thread I made but I cannot edit the title

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/09/01/gian...headline_stack

This article scared me. I honestly wouldnt mind sitting nicks the first 6 weeks. Something about this injury doesnt sit too well with me. He's been injured before but this time it feels different.

We only have 16 games and the schedule is brutal. There is no soft stretch in the season. I don't mind giving him and other starters a rest, late in games that are put away. That's just not going to happen that much this season.
    No one remembers who came in second.

we have the wr's tho where he doesnt need to go every snap. we could play him like 70% of the games, that way the mileage wont add up hopefully

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post

This article scared me. I honestly wouldnt mind sitting nicks the first 6 weeks. Something about this injury doesnt sit too well with me. He's been injured before but this time it feels different.
    Use the short IR on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelousmik View Post

It's a 16 week season, and you want to rest arguably our best offensive weapon? As everyone with eyes knows our schedule is brutal this season, so we need all our weapons healthy or not. This is football, you play hurt, just ask Bradshaw last season. It's unfortunate that Nicks has to play with pain, but he's a pro.

if he is cleared to play, the he plays ... ask any football player if their body feels the same as it did when they were in high school
    Apologize to Melo 5

Nonsense, it's not as if Nicks plays every down to begin with, the starters get a rest during every game to keep their performance level at the peak, what OP is suggesting is same as asking Eli to sit down a game or two, which is absurd. Do you even realize how hard it is to win NFL games? We need everything out of the starters every week, there's no room for anything less.

Veteran
    He has missed 6 games in 3 years! What are you people thinking? He is not injury prone. He is our best offensive weapon. You do not rest him, not with this schedule. It is a rough game, things happen. He will be fine.

Bring on the Cowboys!

i never said to sit him. i am saying we should limit his snaps slightly in hopes that he can play the entire season and playoffs. he's coming off a broken foot. he's been hurt every season w/o an offseason injury like this.
    just thinking out loud tho, i can def understand why anyone wouldnt want to. but again, im not saying bench him or play him half. im saying maybe 75% of his normal snaps, let barden/randle/hixon/jj all rotate in on top of 3rd wr duties, and maybe he stays fresher and makes an even bigger impact.
    i mean we do this with our de's bc we have the depth. well imo we finall have the depth to be able to do that with the wr's