+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ryan Nassib passes for 470 yards

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-school-record

I've been following this guy for a few years, as a syracuse fan, and I have to say he's one of the most underrated college qb's. I'd love for the giants to draft Nassib next year and groom him under eli. It's time to get a young QB as our backup anyway. This guy has all of the tools to succeed in the NFL and he'll be a steal, granted his stock doesn't go up. He's also plays in NY, gotta love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigg Bluee View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-school-record

I've been following this guy for a few years, as a syracuse fan, and I have to say he's one of the most underrated college qb's. I'd love for the giants to draft Nassib next year and groom him under eli. It's time to get a young QB as our backup anyway. This guy has all of the tools to succeed in the NFL and he'll be a steal, granted his stock doesn't go up. He's also plays in NY, gotta love that.
    Most people I talk to have him hanging around the Top 10 -15 and thats about right I think.

It's too soon to start grooming a QB behind Eli

I'm going to Bump this, just because Nassib is quickly climbing draft boards. He's now considered a top ten prospect, and might go in the first round, but probably in the 2nd or 3rd. It's never too soon to groom a qb behind eli. If we can grab him in the third I'd be ecstatic. I see all of these teams losing because they don't have a franchise qb they groomed...don't want that to be us one day.
    Last edited by Bigg Bluee; 11-16-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigg Bluee View Post
    It's never too soon to groom a qb behind eli.
    But it is, figure Eli will play for at least 5 more seasons, that makes Nassib at least age 27 by the time he takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    But it is, figure Eli will play for at least 5 more seasons, that makes Nassib at least age 27 by the time he takes over.
    Not 2 late to groom a guy taken later then the 5th round but a 2nd 3rd rd QB no way. People flipped over the 5th rounder that went for Sage now we r using a top of the money picks on a QB who wont play for maybe 5 seasons. How versed these guys are now in passing offenses the learning curve isnt as steep anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Not 2 late to groom a guy taken later then the 5th round but a 2nd 3rd rd QB no way. People flipped over the 5th rounder that went for Sage now we r using a top of the money picks on a QB who wont play for maybe 5 seasons. How versed these guys are now in passing offenses the learning curve isnt as steep anymore
    The problem is how many QBs taken after round 2 are good starters? Brady is really it. Every other QB is a first or second rounder. And even quality 2nd round starters are rare

i think it a good idea to draft a Qb for the future. David Carr is a solid backup but need insurance. Eli should play 5 years but year 3 need someone to be competitive to keep him sharp. If not this year than definitely next.

Bump

Good call Bigg...Been following RN at SU too...live in SYR....but this one caught me by surprise. I fully expected Marrone to eventually draft him in later rounds,
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin