+ Reply to Thread

GAME BALL OF THE WEEK: THIS HAS TO BE A VOTE

GAME BALL OF THE WEEK: THIS HAS TO BE A VOTE

Excerpt: "Greetings fellow Giants fans. You
    might think giving out the game ball after our stunning 37-34 win over Dallas
    Sunday night would be a no-brainer. Jason
    Pierre-Paul
    , right? Eli Manning,
    right? Yeah, that's the dilemma--that either guy could get the game ball. So I'm
    sort of copping out by letting you all vote, but at the end of the day it's too
    much fun not to do this.

The numbers? Manning threw for 400 yards, with two touchdowns and a pick, but
    more importantly, he led the Giants to two scoring drives (15 points) in the
    final 3:14 of the game. The dude has ice water in his veins, and makes us all
    believe we have a chance to win even if we're trailing late in a game by two
    scores. (By the way, Manning is not going to win the NFL MVP, but he deserves
    some votes).

JPP turned in one of the single best performances by a Giants' defender maybe
    ever. Ed chronicled
    some of his best plays earlier today
    and those plays don't even tell the
    full story. I don't think it's a stretch to say that some of the plays
    Pierre-Paul made Sunday night were reminiscent of #56. There, I said it. Anyway,
    JPP had six tackles, two assists, two sacks for 12 yards lost, a safety, and a
    forced fumble. And oh yeah, he blocked the potential game-tying field goal to
    secure the win.

Just to even things out I'm also going to include Brandon
    Jacobs
    (19 carries, 101 yards and 2 touchdowns) and Hakeem Nicks
    (8 catches, 163 yards).

There you have it.....have fun voting and I look forward to seeing how this
    turns out." Read more...VOTE
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Re: GAME BALL OF THE WEEK: THIS HAS TO BE A VOTE

WAYYYY to hard to decide between JPP and Eli.....

I say either, cut the ball in half, or just give it to JPP because Eli already has quite the collection.

I would give it to JPP because he is young and deserves the recognition. Also there were onther players on the O that played very well besides Eli. JPP was a one man wrecking crew on Sunday night.He WAS the defense....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

JPP went out of his way to be EVERYWHERE. Eli was what we have come to expect. Calm, cool collected and clutch. Eli deserves it, but JPP seemed possessed. Give him this one.

Give the pigskin to Eli, but give the inner tube and the laces to JPP. They can share.

Veteran

I didnt realize Nicks almost had 200 yards receiving that's WILD.

Veteran

I vote JPP. I mean sure Eli had more to do with the win but he's a QB. JPP led to an 8 point swing almost single handedly (Blocked FG, sack/safety, forced fumble turned into FG). How many times do you see a defensive player give you 8 points without scoring a TD?

Its so incredibly difficult for a DE to influence a game to that degree. Another vote for JPP.

Current tally:
    JPP 68%
    ELI 29%

All things being equal, I say blocking the FG for the win trumps all.....JPP gets it.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

[quote user="FBomb"]All things being equal, I say blocking the FG for the win trumps all.....JPP gets it.[/quote]

[B]
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1