+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

Anyone know whereJoe Martinek ended up?

This is my first post from scratch. I reallt liked this kid's attitude and did a good job in FB/HB reps he got. Not the right timing for him I think given our depth in HB and in FB. He was a bit of both and he seemed a TC kind of player.

I saw hes not on the practice squad and was hoping no-one else picked him up?

Want him back for next years camp. Anyone know?

Cheers

He's not big enough to play FB in the NFL.

And the fact that he was cut in the first wave tells me he's not ready for the NFL. Then again, we were pretty stacked this year at HB, so maybe he's better than I'm giving him credit for. I never expected him to make this team. I wish him luck though. . .maybe he'll catch a break somewhere.

I know he played at Rutgers and is from NJ, and I think many on here were rooting for him. Plus other things that I won't mention make him popular.

Douglas and Martinek, omfg enough, enough, enough!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UKGiantSJ View Post
    This is my first post from scratch. I reallt liked this kid's attitude and did a good job in FB/HB reps he got. Not the right timing for him I think given our depth in HB and in FB. He was a bit of both and he seemed a TC kind of player.

I saw hes not on the practice squad and was hoping no-one else picked him up?

Want him back for next years camp. Anyone know?

Cheers
    Last I knew, he's still waiting by a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Douglas and Martinek, omfg enough, enough, enough!!!!!
    Douglas is like Anthony Mix on crack and crystal meth around here. It does look like he has some promise. Glad he made the PS.

McDonald's

he applied for a job with the Allen Wranglers .... they had a roster spot open when TO gave the locker room what for ... my son is attending Rutgers, Martinek was a nice player at the college level, but all the non-football stories this season have really amazed me ... they shouldnt have, but they did ... .thankfully there were no Chad Ochojohnson posts in TAGF ... we have some standards !!!!
    Apologize to Melo 5

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    he applied for a job with the Allen Wranglers .... they had a roster spot open when TO gave the locker room what for ... my son is attending Rutgers, Martinek was a nice player at the college level, but all the non-football stories this season have really amazed me ... they shouldnt have, but they did ... .thankfully there were no Chad Ochojohnson posts in TAGF ... we have some standards !!!!
    Thanks for the update, just woke up in the UK, so I didnt stay up all night witing for the answer :-).

Hope they invite him to training camp next season. I know Rhinoskorous is a better FB with experience. Selfishly I'm glad he didnt join another NFL team, thats all I wanted to check, thanks mate. Also Good luck to him.

Was hoping hed make it as a halfback, we all know TC does like his hybrids. The guy knows how to run the football and seems to have a good footballing brain on him, all those yards at college, and with his touchdown run leaping over the defender. Regarding size, it can be made-up for by strength and technique. He has the strength and talent to bring down the bigger opponent, the block in the Jags game, so he could learn the technique.

I'm happy with our crop of backs though.