+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

If Prince doesn't play....

I'm really worried about our corners, with Prince possibly being out, and Hosley recovering from his injury, that leaves us with Webby, Coe and Tryon, and I guess Rolle can play corner also. I guess we are pretty lucky that the cowboys main receivers are injured.

they'll (dallas wrs) be playing, they just will have missed all of preseason and will not be on the same page. Witten will miss the game too.

But I like Tryon and Coe, I think they're underrated. Hosely will play anyways, he and TC have pretty much alluded to that, Hosely just cant have a setback which i cant see happening 4 days from gameday! Romo wont have the time to go downfield bc of our DL so it will help the corners keep things in front of them and not give up an easy td on a busted coverage
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 09-02-2012 at 01:57 AM.

Given T2's situation, I thought Reese should have overpaid to retain Aaron Ross.

Bench Player
    Romo's line looks like junk, I expect a 3+ Sack game, and at least a pick from crappy thrown balls.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Given T2's situation, I thought Reese should have overpaid to retain Aaron Ross.
    Maybe so, maybe not. I guess it all depends on how well our "backups" play.

Ross had his best season last year, motivated by his upcoming free agency. We'll see how well he plays with job security (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in Oz View Post
    I'm really worried about our corners, with Prince possibly being out, and Hosley recovering from his injury, that leaves us with Webby, Coe and Tryon, and I guess Rolle can play corner also. I guess we are pretty lucky that the cowboys main receivers are injured.
    Im not worried about it at all the Giants feel confident in this group and they will perform at that high level they should.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    they'll (dallas wrs) be playing, they just will have missed all of preseason and will not be on the same page. Witten will miss the game too.

But I like Tryon and Coe, I think they're underrated. Hosely will play anyways, he and TC have pretty much alluded to that, Hosely just cant have a setback which i cant see happening 4 days from gameday! Romo wont have the time to go downfield bc of our DL so it will help the corners keep things in front of them and not give up an easy td on a busted coverage
    I don't think the chemistry is going to be off between Austin and Romo-- those guys are a lethal combo. Whether or not his hammy will hold up is what I am concerned about.

Bryant is basically 100%. Or at least his actions show that. He was present for most of training camp and has been working his butt off

Our line has to hold up against the pass rush for us to take advantage of the mismatches in the secondary though, like you've said.

The way Prince keeps getting hurt and the fact that our current #2 and 3 CBs are Michael Coe and Justin Tryon. I guess a DB in the draft wouldnt be too crazy
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Veteran
    Jayron went in practice today and said he felt little pain - so he looks like a go. Prince is out. So that most likely leaves coe on the outside with Jayron in the nickel. No whitten (who was limited but probably wont go weds) might help our backers helping out on the outside. Bryant has a knee and austin the hammy but both will go so we will have our hands full on the outside. Webby probably rolls with dez and coe with have to deal with austins speed - maybe jayron too. Heres the thing Romo cant throw to anyone if he is on his butt.

Banned
    guys hosely is playing geniuses