+ Reply to Thread

Dynasty to really take off next season

Our roster is so stacked. We have quality depth all over the place. We have all pro's in Eli, Nicks, Cruz, imo Wilson, Osi, Tuck, JPP, Webby, imo Prince/Hosely, KP and Rolle.

Yeah, we won the SB last season. But as we all know, we have a pretty significant weakness in our OL. I believe we have the best team in the NFCE and should contend for #1 seed of NFC imo, but NEXT season is when I believe JR completes his masterpiece roster. He has built it through positions and quality evaulations, once he drafts our OL of the future, which will still prob include Beatty, Snee, and Bass to some extent at least....

We have an amazing WR core, 2 quality RB with potential behind them, a dominant DL, a now strength imo in the LB core, and I believe Jerry has built the secondary and it will look great this season when everyones on the field healthy.
    That leaves OL, which JR will address next season, and thats when I believe we will literally seperate from the rest of the league and be way too much to handle for anyone and just dominate...

I like your optimism, but from my perspective OL has become the new LB corps... Neglected for years and patched together with underachieving draft picks and mediocre free agents.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    I like your optimism, but from my perspective OL has become the new LB corps... Neglected for years and patched together with underachieving draft picks and mediocre free agents.
    Agree that without fixing the OL wholesale, we will be hard pressed to play at the highest level. JR will figure it out I suspeect.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Our roster is so stacked. We have quality depth all over the place. We have all pro's in Eli, Nicks, Cruz, imo Wilson, Osi, Tuck, JPP, Webby, imo Prince/Hosely, KP and Rolle.

Yeah, we won the SB last season. But as we all know, we have a pretty significant weakness in our OL. I believe we have the best team in the NFCE and should contend for #1 seed of NFC imo, but NEXT season is when I believe JR completes his masterpiece roster. He has built it through positions and quality evaulations, once he drafts our OL of the future, which will still prob include Beatty, Snee, and Bass to some extent at least....

We have an amazing WR core, 2 quality RB with potential behind them, a dominant DL, a now strength imo in the LB core, and I believe Jerry has built the secondary and it will look great this season when everyones on the field healthy.
    That leaves OL, which JR will address next season, and thats when I believe we will literally seperate from the rest of the league and be way too much to handle for anyone and just dominate...
    Prince and Hosley are all pro's already? Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    Our roster is so stacked. We have quality depth all over the place. We have all pro's in Eli, Nicks, Cruz, imo Wilson, Osi, Tuck, JPP, Webby, imo Prince/Hosely, KP and Rolle.Yeah, we won the SB last season. But as we all know, we have a pretty significant weakness in our OL. I believe we have the best team in the NFCE and should contend for #1 seed of NFC imo, but NEXT season is when I believe JR completes his masterpiece roster. He has built it through positions and quality evaulations, once he drafts our OL of the future, which will still prob include Beatty, Snee, and Bass to some extent at least....We have an amazing WR core, 2 quality RB with potential behind them, a dominant DL, a now strength imo in the LB core, and I believe Jerry has built the secondary and it will look great this season when everyones on the field healthy.That leaves OL, which JR will address next season, and thats when I believe we will literally seperate from the rest of the league and be way too much to handle for anyone and just dominate...
    Agree mostly but unless he figures a way to keep all the pieces together then it won't work. We have some pretty key guys coming up for FA at end of this yr. can we afford to re sign them all?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Prince and Hosley are all pro's already? Wow!
    lol. thats why i wrote "imo" which means in my opinion. I think they will each be pro bowlers sometime during their careers. just my thoughts tho.

and did the first couple responses read the post? I agree and know our OL is a big issue, which is why i said NEXT season, AFTER the OL has been restocked...thats' when the dynasty takes off