+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NFL Flex'ing Possibilities.....I Have No Idea......

Getting a little bit ahead of myself here but can anyone refresh me on the NFL game "flexing" rules.......don't they have to notify the flex'd market something like 12 days in advance?

Currently don't see a night game scheduled for 1/1/12.....was just trying to determine if they leave this slot open for a flex'd game.....possibly NYG/DAL or if it's a New Years thing or what......also not sure if they'd possibly flex the Jets/Giants game seeing as it could be a crucial game for both team and both conferences.....though that'd mean they'd push the GB/CHI game up which I can't see happening.

Veteran

Re: NFL Flex'ing Possibilities.....I Have No Idea......

[quote user="BlueJayC"]

Getting a little bit ahead of myself here but can anyone refresh me on the NFL game "flexing" rules.......don't they have to notify the flex'd market something like 12 days in advance?

Currently don't see a night game scheduled for 1/1/12.....was just trying to determine if they leave this slot open for a flex'd game.....possibly NYG/DAL or if it's a New Years thing or what......also not sure if they'd possibly flex the Jets/Giants game seeing as it could be a crucial game for both team and both conferences.....though that'd mean they'd push the GB/CHI game up which I can't see happening.

[/quote]

n/m

All-Pro

I think Fox will stop them again....CBS and Fox has 2 chances each to veto NBC, Fox already veto NBC on Packers vs Giants, you think if the division is on the line they wouldn't veto NBC again?

i do know that flexing IS NOT in effect for christmas weekend....however, i dont know if there will be a 1/1 sun night game or not, or, if there is, if NBC would be permitted to again have dallas-ny for a second time in 1 season..?????????

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue5611"]i do know that flexing IS NOT in effect for christmas weekend....however, i dont know if there will be a 1/1 sun night game or not, or, if there is, if NBC would be permitted to again have dallas-ny for a second time in 1 season..?????????[/quote]

According to Mike Florio NBC is allowed to have the Giants/Cowboys again...

the last flex game ....week 17 only requires
    a 6 day notice instead of the normal 12
    because it is purposely reserved for the game with the most important playoff ramifications which obviously is not discernible until after the 12/26/11 monday night game between ATL and NO.

its not a typical flex swip-swap.....it won't even be announced until tuesday 12/27/11.
    any game that last sunday of the regular season could be it.

there is no thursday game or MNF game in the last week.....everybody is scheduled to play sunday just to be sure we get the most
    important game on sunday night 1/1/12

dallas @ giants.....!! ??
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

[quote user="stormblue"]the last flex game ....week 17 only requires
    because it is purposely reserved for the game with the most important playoff ramifications which obviously is not discernible until after the 12/26/11 monday night game between ATL and NO.

its not a typical flex swip-swap.....it won't even be announced until tuesday 12/27/11.

there is no thursday game or MNF game in the last week.....everybody is scheduled to play sunday just to be sure we get the most

dallas @ giants.....!! ??[/quote]

so CBS & FOX cant "protect" any games on the last Sunday??

Fox and CBS each may protect a total of five Sunday afternoon games, not more than one per week, during weeks 11-16 and NBC selcts which game they want to air. FOX and CBS cannot protect games in week 17. In years when Christmas falls on Sunday (like 2011) the NFL schedules most games for Saturday December 24 and then schedules a Sunday night game for NBC on Christmas night. Thus, flexible scheduling can not occur in week 16; NBC is then given flexible scheduling in week 10 instead. The week 17 game on Sunday night is decided exclusively by the NFL, with no restrictions; CBS and FOX cannot protect games, but NBC cannot pick its game. There are no restrictions on which game the NFL can select. Since 2010 when the NFL began scheduling only divisional matchups in week 17, it is possible an intradivisional game that appeared on national TV previously could be selected again. The NFL will only select such a game if there is no other suitable option.

[quote user="barran21"][quote user="bigblue5611"]i do know that flexing IS NOT in effect for christmas weekend....however, i dont know if there will be a 1/1 sun night game or not, or, if there is, if NBC would be permitted to again have dallas-ny for a second time in 1 season..?????????[/quote]

According to Mike Florio NBC is allowed to have the Giants/Cowboys again...
    [/quote]

thx

[quote user="bigblue5611"][quote user="stormblue"]the last flex game ....week 17 only requires

dallas @ giants.....!! ??[/quote]

so CBS & FOX cant "protect" any games on the last Sunday??[/quote]

nope they can't protect and NBC doesn't get to pick it either ; roger goodell and his cronies get to pick that one
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders