Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Antrel Rolle rated worst safety in the league

ProFootballFocus rates every play for every player in the league. Out of 85 safties, Kenny Phillips is rated #10, Rolle is the lowest rated safety, #85! Deon Grant almost as bad at #65. After this season, I hope the Giants cut their losses with Rolle and not re-sign Grant. I am sick and tired of seeing the back of their jerseys as opposing WR's are scoring touchdowns. They are both terrible in pass coverage.

Veteran

Re: Antrel Rolle rated worst safety in the league

Wow!

Who replaces Antrel then? What improvement can they make over him in the draft or FA. This team's defensive scheme is not suited for safety's to ball hawk. And if you aren't racking up 5+ int's a year then PFF probably thinks you're better suited for special teams.

I'm not buying this one.

Maybe because he rarely plays conventional safety.

Veteran

[quote user="netplus"]ProFootballFocus rates every play for every player in the league. Out of 85 safties, Kenny Phillips is rated #10, Rolle is the lowest rated safety, #85! Deon Grant almost as bad at #65. After this season, I hope the Giants cut their losses with Rolle and not re-sign Grant. I am sick and tired of seeing the back of their jerseys as opposing WR's are scoring touchdowns. They are both terrible in pass coverage.[/quote]

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Rolle is a disappointing player but with his salary he would be cut if he were anywhere near that bad.

PFF ranks all aspects of a player...run defense, pass coverage, penalties, % completed, YAC, just to name a few. Your comment assuming it is based on INT's only is laughable.

"Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Rolle is a disappointing player but with his salary he would be cut if he were anywhere near that bad. "

Your comment was dumb.

Here is the preview before the Dallas game:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...wboys-week-14/

Veteran

Can i get a link?

[quote user="netplus"]ProFootballFocus rates every play for every player in the league. Out of 85 safties, Kenny Phillips is rated #10, Rolle is the lowest rated safety, #85! Deon Grant almost as bad at #65. After this season, I hope the Giants cut their losses with Rolle and not re-sign Grant. I am sick and tired of seeing the back of their jerseys as opposing WR's are scoring touchdowns. They are both terrible in pass coverage.[/quote]

So there are 84 better safeties in the league?? Sure....seems realistic. Great analysis

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="netplus"]ProFootballFocus rates every play for every player in the league. Out of 85 safties, Kenny Phillips is rated #10, Rolle is the lowest rated safety, #85! Deon Grant almost as bad at #65. After this season, I hope the Giants cut their losses with Rolle and not re-sign Grant. I am sick and tired of seeing the back of their jerseys as opposing WR's are scoring touchdowns. They are both terrible in pass coverage.[/quote]

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Rolle is a disappointing player but with his salary he would be cut if he were anywhere near that bad.[/quote] They couldnt cut him before this season the cap hit would be to bad. They can cut him after this season though with a 2.5 million dollar hit if I remember his deal correctly. His cap hit is 7.5 million next year a rather high number. If the Giants dont make the playoffs I would consider cutting a lot of these guys.Jacobs,Canty,Rolle,Diehl all would be cut at the end of the year If I was the GM.