+ Reply to Thread

Statistics show that we're in a good position for a repeat Super Bowl appearance!

I was just thinking about how many teams have had back to back Super Bowl appearances so I decided to do a bit of research. Since the inception of the Super Bowl look at how many times teams have repeat appearances. Every decade has at least one, if not at least two teams going multiple times in a row. We are still due for this decade. History shows that it's going to happen to at least one team.

Packers - 66, 67
    Cowboys - 71, 72
    Dolphins - 72, 73, 74
    Vikings - 74, 75
    Steelers - 75, 76
    Cowboys - 78, 79
    Steelers - 79, 80
    Redskins - 83, 84
    Broncos- 87, 88
    49ers - 89, 90
    Bills - 91, 92, 93, 94
    Cowboys - 93, 94
    Broncos - 98, 99
    Patriots - 04, 05

Granted, the game has changed over the years but we will see at least one team to have repeat SB appearances during this decade. Might as well be us right? Plus, as one of the most storied franchises in the history of sports we deserve to be on this list!

Add Green Bay 96-97.

And I wouldn't be happy with a SB loss

SB, you serious, let's just play the first game, and go from there, people here seem to forget that the team went 9-7 last year, they LOST 7 games, and got hot "at the right time" at the end of the season to win their last 6 games "and squeeze into the playoffs", but by all means, let's not get ahead of the carriage here people.
    I can still remember everyone wanted coach fired last year when we where stinking up the joint, now he is a saint and the best coach since sliced bread.
    I am a realist, just hoping for a successful season with minimum injuries "every team has them", and hoping that towards the fourth quarter of the season we are still in playoff contention and playing our best ball, that's all you can really hope for, talking about SB before the first snap has been played is just ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by pacco_diablo View Post
    I was just thinking about how many teams have had back to back Super Bowl appearances so I decided to do a bit of research. Since the inception of the Super Bowl look at how many times teams have repeat appearances. Every decade has at least one, if not at least two teams going multiple times in a row. We are still due for this decade. History shows that it's going to happen to at least one team.

Packers - 66, 67
    Cowboys - 71, 72
    Dolphins - 72, 73, 74
    Vikings - 74, 75
    Steelers - 75, 76
    Cowboys - 78, 79
    Steelers - 79, 80
    Redskins - 83, 84
    Broncos- 87, 88
    49ers - 89, 90
    Bills - 91, 92, 93, 94
    Cowboys - 93, 94
    Broncos - 98, 99
    Patriots - 04, 05

Granted, the game has changed over the years but we will see at least one team to have repeat SB appearances during this decade. Might as well be us right? Plus, as one of the most storied franchises in the history of sports we deserve to be on this list!
    Looking at this list makes me actually feel bad for the Bills and their fans.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Veteran
    the bills fans should be mad at their ownership, they have drafted poorly over the years, done little to get quality guys in at the right positions. sucks to be them

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pacco_diablo View Post

Packers - 66, 67
    Cowboys - 71, 72
    Dolphins - 72, 73, 74
    Vikings - 74, 75
    Steelers - 75, 76
    Cowboys - 78, 79
    Steelers - 79, 80
    Redskins - 83, 84
    Broncos- 87, 88
    49ers - 89, 90
    Bills - 91, 92, 93, 94
    Cowboys - 93, 94
    Broncos - 98, 99
    Patriots - 04, 05

Your stats say the Giants have 0 back to back SB appearances..... but i'll be hoping there is a first for everything!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    the bills fans should be mad at their ownership, they have drafted poorly over the years, done little to get quality guys in at the right positions. sucks to be them
    Actually the Bills have been drafting very well as of late, the problem comes when their top players reach the end of their rookie contracts and usually opt to sign elsewhere.