+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do the Eagles draft a QB in 2012?

Veteran

Do the Eagles draft a QB in 2012?

Vick seems like he may have been the recipient of one of the worst contracts in NFL history. Can they really expect him to ever play a full season again at this point?

Vick will have most of his guaranteed money paid after next season, he'll be 32 and injury prone in 2013, Eagles have to be expecting to cut him at that point. They might look to QB in the 1st round if one of the top 4 are available next year (i.e., Griffin or Jones).

Re: Do the Eagles draft a QB in 2012?

Not after winning last week they won't. If they really fell apart and ended up w/ 4 wins then I could see them taking one of the Top 3 QB's if they had a chance.

As it stands now the Eagles will when 6 or 7 games and wouldn't see a QB worth taking w/ their pick.

They have so many holes on defense, that's where they'll look to improve.

If they do, it probably won't be until a late round. They've got other needs they probably think will turn the team around, like linebackers, safety help, offensive line... maybe WR depending on the Jackson situation.

I think they really believe in Vick. They have reason to. He looks like the most dangerous QB in the NFL for at least 1 or 2 games a year.

Definitely not, I don't think they're ready to give up on their 100 million dollar investment. Specially knowing that their defense and that idiot Juan is the main reason why their season has been a pile of ####.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

They should have stuck with Kolb! idiots but good for us!!

[quote user="egyptian420"]Definitely not, I don't think they're ready to give up on their 100 million dollar investment. Specially knowing that their defense and that idiot Juan is the main reason why their season has been a pile of ####.
    [/quote]

The Eagles dont' really a $100 million into Vick, I don't think it's even $80 million. Apparenty they can cut him after next season and not take too big a hit against the cap.

I don't think the Eagles take a QB early in the draft, but it won't be b/c they're worried about have too much cash tied up in the QB spot.

[quote user="jhamburg"]Vick seems like he may have been the recipient of one of the worst contracts in NFL history. Can they really expect him to ever play a full season again at this point?

Vick will have most of his guaranteed money paid after next season, he'll be 32 and injury prone in 2013, Eagles have to be expecting to cut him at that point. They might look to QB in the 1st round if one of the top 4 are available next year (i.e., Griffin or Jones).[/quote]
    Not in 2012. But, in 2013 I would bet on it. Provided that Reid is still Head Coach. But, Stranger things have happened.
    NFL Football is so much better than NCAA.

[quote user="RugDaniels"][quote user="egyptian420"]Definitely not, I don't think they're ready to give up on their 100 million dollar investment. Specially knowing that their defense and that idiot Juan is the main reason why their season has been a pile of ####.
    [/quote]

The Eagles dont' really a $100 million into Vick, I don't think it's even $80 million. Apparenty they can cut him after next season and not take too big a hit against the cap.

I don't think the Eagles take a QB early in the draft, but it won't be b/c they're worried about have too much cash tied up in the QB spot.[/quote]

No $100 million dollar contract is ever $100 million.

VIck's is about $35 to $40 million guaranteed which is still a lot of money to guarantee a part time above average RB and average QB.

Is it me or are the Rams back to being the front runner for the Number 1 draft pick after the Colts just won back-to-back? Luck and Bradford on the same team? lol..

All-Pro

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]Is it me or are the Rams back to being the front runner for the Number 1 draft pick after the Colts just won back-to-back? Luck and Bradford on the same team? lol..[/quote]

Won't happen, the smart move by the rams would be to trade down, get more picks, and get skill players for Sam, and o-line, his WR's suck, find him his AJ Green like Dalton.....

+ Reply to Thread