+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eliland View Post
    You could start by stopping with "y'all". Its hillbilly and silly. If you are trying to say "you all", that too is wrong, as it's redundant.

I thought it was just dirty south slang.. but I even see "y'all" typed in newspapers in the rebel states.
    Sorry if a word in our vocabulary upsets you, it is something we all learn early on. I will try my best to keep it to a minimum, as well as using correct grammar and proper punctuation for your reading pleasure.

Carry on Ya'll

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eliland View Post
    You could start by stopping with "y'all". Its hillbilly and silly. If you are trying to say "you all", that too is wrong, as it's redundant.

I thought it was just dirty south slang.. but I even see "y'all" typed in newspapers in the rebel states.
    I would gladly accept slang, and it's southern culture. over an insult from and ignorant *******.

Your right. We should say yous guys like NYers. At least Y'all is a conjugation of two words? Haha. Only messin

Well one thing is for sure. Last year Ware's pass rush was borderline instantanious, but Elis quick throws to WR's were even faster. Dallas has two new cornerbacks, and if they can tighten up the coverage on our WR's that could be an issue for us.

I think the big issue for Dallas is going to be rocketgate part 2. I mean I am sure Dallas will change up audible s but bennet can give us a good deal of insight into the offence of Dallas.

As for Murray he is defiantly a good RB, but I really think the giants D is going to be fierce this year. It could be a tight low scoring game unlike the last few debacles with blown coverages and wild scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by appodictic View Post
    Well one thing is for sure. Last year Ware's pass rush was borderline instantanious, but Elis quick throws to WR's were even faster. Dallas has two new cornerbacks, and if they can tighten up the coverage on our WR's that could be an issue for us.

I think the big issue for Dallas is going to be rocketgate part 2. I mean I am sure Dallas will change up audible s but bennet can give us a good deal of insight into the offence of Dallas.

As for Murray he is defiantly a good RB, but I really think the giants D is going to be fierce this year. It could be a tight low scoring game unlike the last few debacles with blown coverages and wild scoring.
    I don't know how similar the Dallas offense is going to be to last year-- to my knowledge, Callahan is putting together the game plans while Garrett will be actually calling the plays on game day. And I think all the divisional rivals are already well acquainted. I don't think Bennett gives that much insight that because of these two things. At least no more than the Giants already know.

Both teams are flawed and banged up. I can see a blow out by either team or a close game. I really have no feel for this one at all. I know we can't run the ball at all and have difficulty stopping the run which is a bad thing. I'm heading to the game after work. Hope the rain holds off.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I don't know how similar the Dallas offense is going to be to last year-- to my knowledge, Callahan is putting together the game plans while Garrett will be actually calling the plays on game day. And I think all the divisional rivals are already well acquainted. I don't think Bennett gives that much insight that because of these two things. At least no more than the Giants already know.
    Ntegrase96.. glad to see you on here. Besides the few newbies in this thread there hasnt been to many Dallas fans on here. Surprising seeing its the opening game vs a Divisional opponent. I think the game lies on the Line of Scrimmage. We both have major issues with our OLines. IF we cant protect our qb or everytime he touches the ball someone is in his face it will be a long day for Nicks, Cruz, Austin, Dez and the rest. Be a game of checkdowns and running plays..
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    No cowboy fans in here
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bench Player
    I'm a Cowboys fan, but mostly I read the threads and don't respond very often. I have a lot of respect for Eli and the Giants. They've won two rings in the past 5 years while the 'Boys have sputtered for a decade and a half.

You could tell both teams were rusty to start. What I took from the game was: 1) the Cowboys secondary apears much improved, but Cruz dropping passes might have made them look a lot better than they were. 2) Romo actually came through when we needed him to, but the Giants dropped a ball that should have been a second pick. 3) The NYG OL is worse than I thought, but ours is a bit better than last year 4) you guys better get some people healthy in the secondary or you're gonna get torched. 5) We better stop committing stupid penalties. Overall a good NFCE game, but if we had lost I would have said it was horrible.

Good luck, honored enemies.

Props to Dallas for kicking the giants' *** tonight. They were clearly the better team and kept our defense on the field virtually all night