+ Reply to Thread

Still not sure why Rob Ryan.................

........gets so much face time on TV. He is not his father. He is not his brother. He has a verymediocre resume and has done less with more this year than a DC should be allowed to do. Why all the attention other than his family, his uncut hair and his unattended midsection? What am I missing?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Re: Still not sure why Rob Ryan.................

He's a Cowboy. Unwarrented attention is their M.O.

there defense was top 5 for a while, it may have been to 10 before this last game.

eli has been doing that to every defense, you cant base dallas defense off of eli, bc then every team facing eli would look like the 32 ranked defense.

eli really was amazing, even more so than usual. the way he manipulated the pocket, moved in and out to avoid pressure, put throw after throw after throw on the numbers, of his 27 completions i think 26 were strikes right on the numbers.

no defense is going to look good against eli.

that said, dallas has been good vs the run and made NE offense look pedestrian as well as some other potent offenses.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

Yeah that's two games now where his big mouth ran and he did not back it up! First all the talk about stopping the Eagirls and they decimated him. Then he was supposedly going to, "get into Eli's head." He sure did, to the tune of 27/47, NO SACKS, 400 yds., and 2 TDs lol... Another Ryan big mouth!

Basically because the success of Rex and him being a complete clone of him (literally) that the media has already labeled him the next great thing in the NFL.

Even if he is his brother's twin I don't think he's as good of a coordinator as Rex. There was a moment on the sideline last game where he looked like he was going to cry ....I almost felt bad for him.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]there defense was top 5 for a while, it may have been to 10 before this last game. eli has been doing that to every defense, you cant base dallas defense off of eli, bc then every team facing eli would look like the 32 ranked defense. eli really was amazing, even more so than usual. the way he manipulated the pocket, moved in and out to avoid pressure, put throw after throw after throw on the numbers, of his 27 completions i think 26 were strikes right on the numbers. no defense is going to look good against eli. that said, dallas has been good vs the run and made NE offense look pedestrian as well as some other potent offenses.[/quote]His defense has blown 3 fourth quarter leads of 12 points this year!
    No one remembers who came in second.

[quote user="jomo"]........gets so much face time on TV. He is not his father. He is not his brother. He has a very*mediocre resume and has done less with more this year than a DC should be allowed to do. Why all the attention other than his family, his uncut hair and his unattended midsection? What am I missing?[/quote]It's eerily similar to the situation with the Pouncey brothers coming out of College. Maurkice was and still is the superior player at Center and was drafted 19 overall by the Steelers. He went out to have an All-Pro season at Center. Because of this, Mike's draft stock went up. He basically was rewarded for being Maurkice's brother.

Just like the Ryan situation.

[quote user="jomo"]........gets so much face time on TV. He is not his father. He is not his brother. He has a very*mediocre resume and has done less with more this year than a DC should be allowed to do. Why all the attention other than his family, his uncut hair and his unattended midsection? What am I missing?[/quote] I guess for the same reason they feel the need to show Jerry jones 20 times a game...

[quote user="jomo"]........gets so much face time on TV. He is not his father. He is not his brother. He has a very*mediocre resume and has done less with more this year than a DC should be allowed to do. Why all the attention other than his family, his uncut hair and his unattended midsection? What am I missing?[/quote] It is Christmas time you know.

Rob Ryan? That fat slob?!! You think Tom Coughlin has a bad late season record? As a defensive coordinator, Rob Ryan's record is 30-82!!!

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...mber-slid.html

The deterioration of the Dallas Cowboys' defense is consistent with the career path of its coordinator: Rob Ryan.

This is Ryan's ninth season as an NFL defensive
    coordinator, with Oakland, Cleveland and the Cowboys. In that time, his
    teams are 28-61 (.315 winning percentage) through November 30 and 9-27
    (.250) from December 1 through the end of the regular season. (Ryan has
    never been with a winning team as a DC, let alone a playoff team.) In
    those 36 late-season games, Ryan's defense has allowed 30-plus points 15
    times.

Being in the playoff hunt is a new experience for Ryan, as a DC.
    Before this season, the teams that employed him as a DC had never won
    more than five regular-season games. The overall record for Cleveland
    and Oakland with Ryan as DC: 30-82.