+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which emotion...

After this weeks amazing victory. It got me to thinking. Which feeling do you think lasts longer...the great feeling we all have this week, or that lousy feeling you get after lets say...the Eagles loss last year. Super Bowl would be a separate category because thats on a different level.
    I think that the sick feeling after a devastating loss lasts just a little bit longer. Thoughts?

Re: Which emotion...

I am still po'd that Jay Feely missed three FGA's in Seattle a few years back..if that answers your question.

A bad loss stays with me longer than a gratifying victory.

I was sick after that Eagles loss last year. I knew, at the time, that it ruined our season irreparably and unrecoverably. It gave the media Vick-gasms and allowed them to extol the accolades of the most over-rated athlete in the history of professional sports.

Worse, was the loss to the 49ers in '03. I didn't sleep for three days.

I can't even imagine how Pats fans must feel.

All-Pro

[quote user="krygny"]A bad loss stays with me longer than a gratifying victory.

I was sick after that Eagles loss last year. I knew, at the time, that it ruined our season irreparably and unrecoverably. It gave the media Vick-gasms and allowed them to extol the accolades of the most over-rated athlete in the history of professional sports.

[/quote]
    All those losses u mentioned still sting to some degree now..but also by the same token we still live by some of the great wins
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran

Sweet

[quote user="krygny"]A bad loss stays with me longer than a gratifying victory.

[/quote]

That 2000 SB loss to the Ravens stuck in my gut until Eli took the knee in XLII.

The 2008 Eagles playoff loss will make me sick for years to come.

Hell I'm still pissed about Flipper Anderson.

Losses stick in the gut; you always wonder what could have been and the wasted opportunity.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Flipper Anderson still gets to me too. I just think losses sting longer.

[quote user="daynemustgo"]I am still po'd that Jay Feely missed three FGA's in Seattle a few years back..if that answers your question.[/quote]

LOL
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="krygny"]A bad loss stays with me longer than a gratifying victory.

[/quote]

That 2000 SB loss to the Ravens stuck in my gut until Eli took the knee in XLII.

The 2008 Eagles playoff loss will make me sick for years to come.

Hell I'm still pissed about Flipper Anderson.

Losses stick in the gut; you always wonder what could have been and the wasted opportunity.
    [/quote]
    I am still pissed off that McNabb never got paid back for picking up our telephone on our sideline. Maybe I watch too much hockey.

The Kiwi-Young play comes to mind...