+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I see the NFC East playing out this year. Share yours.

How I see the NFC East playing out this year. Share yours.

1. If the Giants stay healthy or at least healthier than last year, and a slightly better offensive line performance we have a chance as we did after our 07/08 SB Win.

2. Eagles - They generally start of slow every year, and catch fire at the end. But you can always count on Reid to blow it in tight spots. Perfect example is his 2 and 4 minute offenses. Also in the past it was McNabb who found the most inopportune times to choke. McNabb passed that torch to Vick, even though Vick was well on his way before that.

3. Cowboys - They generally start off on auto pilot in the first half of the season. Yet when it comes down to crunch time, they fold like lawn chairs. They are the Mini-mes when referring to Philly. Philly is the Big brother in the choking, Dallas is the little brother.

4. Redskins - Are they still in the division? Besides that their fan base thinks they are winning the SB every year, they always seem to be at the bottom of the barrel. Now if RG3 is as good as people think he will be, I can easily see it taking them probably a solid 4 years before they can actually make a difference and have a shot. Mike will rely on the run game, and the PAP, and small pass game with an occasion shot down the field as he did with Plummer.

Can any of these guys have a chance, sure, but year in and year out it seems to fall this way. Lets see if this year is any different. Should be fun either way.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

If the Giants can pull out 9 wins with all the injuries they had last yr at key positions & no run game, I shudder to think what they can do if they stay relatively healthy all yr & can rush for over 110yds a game! 12 wins at least. Remember, only the Saints blew us out & the Skins for some reason or another handled us well in both their wins. We came close to beating GB in week 13 & came close in SF as well.

I say we go 12 -4 & repeat!

new seson nfc east anything can happen , i dont like to read crystal ball one game one win at a time...first up cowgirls

I expect a tight one with Dallas all year. Last season Dallas overtook us for a few games. We had that rough schedule, had injuries. But every team has that. And that's my point. If our guys only have minimal injuries and we get past the Saints, and Niners I expect to be in the run-off.

The Eagles put up a lot of pomp then descend to 3rd place in the East. If that holds,,,,,

Skins, with Bobert, I'm curious.

Come Jan. I expect: Giants, Cowboys, Eagles, Skins, just as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    If the Giants can pull out 9 wins with all the injuries they had last yr at key positions & no run game, I shudder to think what they can do if they stay relatively healthy all yr & can rush for over 110yds a game! 12 wins at least. Remember, only the Saints blew us out & the Skins for some reason or another handled us well in both their wins. We came close to beating GB in week 13 & came close in SF as well.

I say we go 12 -4 & repeat!
    The GB game we got jobbed by the Refs. In the SF Game it was horrible play calling by KG. And the skins game we played on autopilot.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Quote Originally Posted by derekunion28 View Post
    new seson nfc east anything can happen , i dont like to read crystal ball one game one win at a time...first up cowgirls
    Agreed. I still take every game one at a time. But generally the teams i mentioned above have their season play out like that. Hopefully it wont be different, but I wont be counting on it.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Banned
    i am forced to agree with derek that anything can happen in the nfce. the damn giants proved that last yr; i hate to admit..........but i am pretty confident Dallas wins the east this yr..mhmm

I am concerned that the Eagles are for real this season... They had many additions last year but didn't have time (lockout) to gel. I figure we battle neck and neck with them ..Dallas really doesn't concern me too much...their O-line is POROUS.. Skins will get better someday

I agree with Derek and Crue. It's hard to say who is going to come out of the division on top this year.

I think the Redskins are better than we'll give credit for.
    The Giants aren't as good as they seem-- I think the depth in the secondary along with the poor offensive line will hinder them
    The Eagles aren't as good as they seem-- Mike Vick will not stay healthy along wih a few other things.
    And the Cowboys are a year away from being a tough playoff contender.

I don't think any of these teams are bad, per se, but I don't think they are great either and the schedules are tough.

I could be wrong, but I think it will be another dog fight, this time with the Eagles coming out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    I agree with Derek and Crue. It's hard to say who is going to come out of the division on top this year.

I think the Redskins are better than we'll give credit for.
    The Giants aren't as good as they seem-- I think the depth in the secondary along with the poor offensive line will hinder them
    The Eagles aren't as good as they seem-- Mike Vick will not stay healthy along wih a few other things.
    And the Cowboys are a year away from being a tough playoff contender.

I don't think any of these teams are bad, per se, but I don't think they are great either and the schedules are tough.

I could be wrong, but I think it will be another dog fight, this time with the Eagles coming out on top.
    Of course anything can happen. But the recent history points that way. I remember saying it last year when people said the eagles where out by half the season, that they should wait as they usually play better in the second half.

Redskins are better if Mike holds everything close to the vest with RG3 imho. Play to not make a mistake and take a real chance.

Giants - Oline has been our issue for the last few years, as well as health. It certainly will be a question again this year, or at least early on. But we can only hope its not worse than last years line play. There are items that point in that direction. Secondary I am a bit weary about, but we have talent there. If they can come along through the season then i feel good about them. But I agree those are our two biggest question marks.

Eagles - I said my peace, but also agree Vicks health is another thing. But Vick isnt a QB, he is just a play maker. Through out his career he has only had 2 very good season. Look at the rest. Mind you he has been surrounded by solid talent.

Cowboys - Why do you say they are a year away from being a contender? Instead of saying they are right now?
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

+ Reply to Thread