+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Giants Backs

Bench Player

Giants Backs

With Jacobs gone can someone update me with how we are looking in the backfield.
    I know Bradshaw but need an update on the others.

Sorry for my ignorance but I am living on the other side of the world and find updates difficult at times to find.

well we got a really exciting rookie back, David Wilson, that we drafted in the 1st round, 32nd player selected ... he's fast, quick, tough, shifty, breaks tackles .. should be fun player to watch this year

then 2nd year guy Da'Rel Scott ... very fast, but pretty raw as far as NFL RB skills are concerned ... the good news is he was a standout on STs in preseason, so look for him on KRs ... he also blocked a punt

and finally, you got a 3rd year guy, Andre Brown ... he's the biggest of our backs, runs hard, a little raw, but we decided to go with him instead of our 6th year player DJ Ware who we cut (Tampa Bay Bucs claimed him) ... don't know if he will assume Ware's old 3rd down back role or not ... right now, i think the plan is to use Bradshaw and Wilson the most, so 3 young guys and the experienced Bradshaw
    Apologize to Melo 5

Bench Player
    Thanks GMan...

The NFL hasn't been shown over here for 2 years but ASN (American Sports Network) is back so I can keep up to date.
    Appreciate the update as obviously a concern with Jacobs gone.

Bench Player
    I think if any thing, Scott would take duties of 3rd down back, he's very fast, can catch the ball, and possibly can block better now.

They really shook things up this year and in my opinion it will be fun to watch. They got a couple of guys (Wilson and Scott) who can take it to the house on any play they get their hands on the ball. They kept Brown because he is a better power runner than Ware, I think this was the initial plan when they drafted him. Anyway, these guys are going to be worth watching. Will miss Jacobs bruising style of running but we got flash and bang in Wilson and Bradshaw.