+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Hosely is playing week 1, why isnt he starting??

if hosely is going to play wednesday, why isnt he starting over coe? im assuming experience, but this kid looks good man, maybe hes a little too banged up? does anybody know?

Probably because Coe has been practicing fully while Hosely is just getting back. Hosely was also taking the majority of his reps as the nickel back. May be asking too much of a rookie to move to the outside when he hasn't been on the practice field.

at first, i think we will use him against slot WRs ... it's a little less risky than to put him out on an island, but don't worry he is going to play a lot .... remember no Witten for Dallas, so look for many 3 WR sets

Coe's been in the league 6 years, so he should not be too nervous ... we will be though

oh and one final thing, again to make it easier for Hosley ... remember when Prince gets back he will take over for Coe, leaving Hosley in the same role .... make it simple for the rook
    Last edited by GMan-67; 09-03-2012 at 04:05 AM.
    Apologize to Melo 5

i think had hosely not gotten that minor injury and miss time, he prob would be starting. in terms of just raw ability to cover someone and run with them, Hosely is as talented as they come.
    I'd rather tho they sharpen up the rest of his skills tho before being thrust into that kinda situation bc corners need confidence, getting lit up doesnt help much...

hosley will play the slot if anything , very talented kid will be known for his skill by weeks 4-8

Coe has been in the system for the past three years, think that gives him the edge over Hosley. Remember this is the Giants, they bring their players around slowly in general; I think Wilson will be the exception but even he won't start while Bradshaw is there...

Bronx NYC ......... Justin Gilbert "bandwagoneer"
    Hosley most likely will be playing with some pain and won't be 100%. Coe is healthy, bigger and the more experienced corner. I think the world of Hosley as far as his potential goes but I don't think he's the guy right now that should be covering Miles Austin or Dez Bryant...especially when he's playing through an injury.

Coe played great against the Bears. Held his own against Brandon Marshall. Coe is physical and can help on the edges is the run game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueCrew22 View Post
    if hosely is going to play wednesday, why isnt he starting over coe? im assuming experience, but this kid looks good man, maybe hes a little too banged up? does anybody know?
    We make far too much over who's on the field for the first snap.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Maybe because he is a rookie and Coe has played well when given a chance. Why should he start?