+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tuck & Osi future??!!

I was listening to Mike Francesa today, and according to him, the only way the Giants can make a serious run this year at the Lombardi is if Tuck and Osi get healthy, get it together, and start playing the way they are capable of playing, Can you imagine Tuck, Osi, JPP, and Kiwi ALL playing at 100% with 100% effort??? We could MASH teams. And that Dline would also cover up ALOT of our deficiencies in the secondary.

However, given that most likely Tuck and Osi will not be back at even near full strength this year, what do you do with these guys? I mean you have two of potentially the most devastating D-lineman in the league, and they are currently doing NOTHING.

What is is to be done with these two, as for the rest of this season, and into next season??

Thoughts??

Re: Tuck & Osi future??!!

anyone?

Yea is great to have Tuck and Osi back...but our problem is going to be trying to play against Elite QBs who have a quick release. Romo is a QB who likes the Deep Ball, so JPP had some time to rush the pass. The Cowboys do not often run a 5 Wide Offense....teams like the Packers and Saints do. Theres not much u can do when ur secondary is trash...we can only hope that our DL gets their hands up to swat balls.

[quote user="BBlueSince82"]I was listening to Mike Francesa today, and according to him, the only way the Giants can make a serious run this year at the Lombardi is if Tuck and Osi get healthy, get it together, and start playing the way they are capable of playing, Can you imagine Tuck, Osi, JPP, and Kiwi ALL playing at 100% with 100% effort??? We could MASH teams. And that Dline would also cover up ALOT of our deficiencies in the secondary.

However, given that most likely Tuck and Osi will not be back at even near full strength this year, what do you do with these guys? I mean you have two of potentially the most devastating D-lineman in the league, and they are currently doing NOTHING.

What is is to be done with these two, as for the rest of this season, and into next season??

Thoughts??
    [/quote]

Tuck is hurt. He's not saying much about it but he is definitely playing hurt. It's obvious that he's not himself and you could tell by his playing. I would say that Tuck is sucking it up and playing as best as he can because we need a good pass rush. Osi on the other hand should be ready by next week and he's going to have to play his heart out if he wants a new contract. Quite frankly, he hasn't shown much this year so I don't think he's going to be happy when Reese tells him he didn't do want was expected of him so how can he justify re writting his contract. If he pulls the same sh*t he pulled this year at the beginning of the season I think Reese will give him his walking papers and rightly so.

i heard some of the interview with tuck
    and he admitted that he is in a lot of pain
    and is basically useless out there.
    he admits he is trying to suck it up but he's playing on one leg and its not getting better.
    he knows he is ineffective but he's in a catch 22.
    there ain't nobody else.

unless osi wussymanura can come back this week and we shuffle some guys around.
    my words ...not his.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

I think we need to trade one I love both guys but we need LB's and CB'S. If we could get a 1st for Tuck or 2nd for Osi I would do it. We would still have JPP, and Tuck or Osi with Joesph and Canty and don't forget about Austin.

[quote user="BBlueSince82"]I was listening to Mike Francesa today, and according to him, the only way the Giants can make a serious run this year at the Lombardi is if Tuck and Osi get healthy, get it together, and start playing the way they are capable of playing, Can you imagine Tuck, Osi, JPP, and Kiwi ALL playing at 100% with 100% effort??? We could MASH teams. And that Dline would also cover up ALOT of our deficiencies in the secondary.

Thoughts??
    [/quote]

Tuck will be back next year, and back to form... Osi will be traded. His value is higher than his worth right now.

[quote user="BBlueSince82"]anyone?[/quote]

3 years of "Our D Line could be so awesome" has simply played itself out.

I think one has to go at the end of the season. I love them both, but it's the reality.

JPP has emerged into such a beast, there is no way he can sit on the bench behind either of them next year. One has to go, likely Osi. Plus, we still have Kiwi as a joker and even Tollefson is playing his *** off. There's just too much stacked at one position.

Veteran

When did 7 sacks in 8 games become nothing - most d ends would kill for that.

Tuck is hurt and i wouldnt say not talking about it - after the cowboy game he said he was basically playing on one leg. But the guy will be a beast again once healthy unfortunately thats not gonna be this year - or at least it doesnt seem that way.

As for the future no reason tuck should go anywhere just get healthy.

Osi has been a distraction off the field for years he can still get to the Q but he wants to get paid and if we can get a 2nd rounder it may finally be time.