+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

Our Team is in trouble

Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul.

The Four men listed are the New York Giants. There is no other player that effects the games any more than a referee right now. Justin Tuck has been awful, and is completely overshadowed by JPP. Teams are doubling, and even tripling JPP, and our former glory boy can't even get close to the QB. I thought he was an all around player. The shouldn't he be good in run support, not a liability? And do not get me started on the offensive line. Our Line is probably the worst ever assembled by an NFL team.

We have won this game against Dallas because of the 4 previously mentioned players. Others helped, most notably Ballard. But we won mostly in spite of horrible play by 75% of the starters. Yes, I am ecstatic to have this win under our belt. However, we must improve soon, before our impending doom is upon us. We ride high now, with Eli playing as perhaps the second best quarterback in the NFL. But in a moment that could end. And what could we rely on? The 32nd best rushing game in the NFL. The 27th defense. I beg to differ. So even if we get deep into the playoffs. Even if we have another super bowl ring after this year. Large reform is needed. All over. In the front office, and on the depth chart.

Re: Our Team is in trouble

If the defense continues to play like crap, we're not doing anywhere.

We may have beat the Cowboys, but it doesn't excuse the piss poor D, especially by the secondary. They have to get better. Our secondary is loaded with 1st round picks (Rolle, Phillips, Ross, Amukamara) and 2nd round picks (Grant, Webster). I cannot figure out why the heck they are playing so poorly.

[quote user="tt24"]Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul.[/quote]Don't forget Steve Weatherford. He's punted the opposing teams behind their 10 yard quite a few times this season. Heck, JPP wouldn't of had a safety against Dallas if Dodge was punting for us still.

Veteran

Sarcasm font -

Sure jake ballard has done nothing - petrus has not filled in well and neither has boothe, kiwi hasnt taken on his LB roll with an amazingly professional attitude despite being an end - webster did not shut down some big time wide outs, the coverage units didnt get better, linval has not started turning into a nice d tackle, osi does not have 7 sacks in 8 gamnes and beatty didnt take strides to becoming a nice tackle at all. AND for all those killing Tuck the guy is very badly hurt - get over it.

This is all sarcasm - if you really think only 4 guys have been a factor you just dont know the game at all. If this were really the case the giants would be 0-13. It takes stars, role players, guys with intangibles and backups to make a team.

[quote user="tt24"]Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul.

The Four men listed are the New York Giants. There is no other player that effects the games any more than a referee right now. Justin Tuck has been awful, and is completely overshadowed by JPP. Teams are doubling, and even tripling JPP, and our former glory boy can't even get close to the QB. I thought he was an all around player. The shouldn't he be good in run support, not a liability? And do not get me started on the offensive line. Our Line is probably the worst ever assembled by an NFL team.

We have won this game against Dallas because of the 4 previously mentioned players. Others helped, most notably Ballard. But we won mostly in spite of horrible play by 75% of the starters. Yes, I am ecstatic to have this win under our belt. However, we must improve soon, before our impending doom is upon us. We ride high now, with Eli playing as perhaps the second best quarterback in the NFL. But in a moment that could end. And what could we rely on? The 32nd best rushing game in the NFL. The 27th defense. I beg to differ. So even if we get deep into the playoffs. Even if we have another super bowl ring after this year. Large reform is needed. All over. In the front office, and on the depth chart.[/quote]

Large Reform is needed?

Ok, Reese, Fewell and Gilbride are not going ANYWHERE...

You do realize that we have had over 10 different starters out on defense at one point or another?. 10!!!! Bit to mention an offseason that lasted one month!!

We should be so lucky to be in the position that were in right now!! Look at the rams and jags, one of the only two teams to have more defensive players on the ir; there 2-11 and 4-9 each. AND WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF A ****ING PLAYOFF RACE!!!!

And you think that all of our success is due to 4 people!?!?!?

You are so wrong. It was the defense that got a stop with 2:21 in the game to give Eli the ball back. It was the defense that held the Eagles, a potent division rival to under 17 points both times. It was the defense that held the Patriots, one of the most fearsome offensives of our generation to a whopping 20 points.

It wasn't just JPP by himself. Yes the defense did break down in games, but with a depleated defense already, we should be happy to be in first place with 3 games to go.

Boley shut down Witten to only 12 yards.

Webster locks down any receiver he matches up against week after week & you forgot to include him? I feel bad for Webster... he's surrounded by bums
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

[quote user="NYG4lifeNYK"]Webster locks down any receiver he matches up against week after week & you forgot to include him? I feel bad for Webster... he's surrounded by bums
    [/quote]

Except against the saints and cowboys and....

We have a terrible D scheme....

Look, we all know that our defense is horrid and, at Week 15, is not likely to get better. It's impossible to imagine making a championship run with this defense.

That being said, we have a QB that is playing at a very high level and has been able to keep us in every game but one. He gives us achance to win every game ( I think that the only place where we have ZERO chance of winning is in New Orleans), and never gives up. If nothing else, this team has been competitive and exciting (except for the Saints game) all season long, win lose or draw.

Why not recognize this team for what it is and sit back and enjoy the ride on Eli's shoulders???

[quote user="tt24"]Eli Manning. Hakeem Nicks. Victor Cruz. Jason Pierre-Paul.

We have won this game against Dallas because of the 4 previously mentioned players. Others helped, most notably Ballard. But we won mostly in spite of horrible play by 75% of the starters. Yes, I am ecstatic to have this win under our belt. However, we must improve soon, before our impending doom is upon us. We ride high now, with Eli playing as perhaps the second best quarterback in the NFL. But in a moment that could end. And what could we rely on? The 32nd best rushing game in the NFL. The 27th defense. I beg to differ. So even if we get deep into the playoffs. Even if we have another super bowl ring after this year. Large reform is needed. All over. In the front office, and on the depth chart.[/quote]

What we just can't seem to come to turns is that what was the case for decades, a dominant defense, is no longer what wins our games. Now we have gone 180 degrees to an offensive, point scoring team that drags the defense into the winners circle. It's just how it is. In fairness to the defense, the injuries to starters and some of their replacements has been too much to overcome. Yet, when it matters most, JPP, and a few others, have managed to get a sack, block a field goal, intercept a pass.

Get used to seeing this for the rest of the year, into the playoffs. Can we win in a shoot out? Yes, because we have before and Eli and his receivers, while still improving, setting records left and right. As of two weeks ago, we also have a resurgent Oline that has opened up the running game and given us respectable rushing numbers down the stretch.

All is not lost, there is always hope as long as Eli is on the field and if you don't believe that you've just been absent.