+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We fail(ed) at signing the right free agents? Do we need an outside consultant?

If you look at our free agent signings under Reese,, you will notice a disturbing trend that we have been paying big money, for average production. How come he struggles in this area? Do we need a 3rd party consultant to evaluate future FA signings?

Discuss...

Re: We fail(ed) at signing the right free agents? Do we need an outside consultant?

[quote user="Warchild"]If you look at our free agent signings under Reese,, you will notice a disturbing trend that we have been paying big money, for average production. How come he struggles in this area? Do we need a 3rd party consultant to evaluate future FA signings?

Discuss...[/quote]Idk what to say, the Rolle signing was the only one to seem worth it,but at this point it's been anything but.... canty move was mind boggling, bass wasn't even a legit Center, I wasn't familiar with Boley but he's earned his pay....overall we've made pretty terrible FA moves,anyone say anything different is being way to nice....

Re: We fail(ed) at signing the right free agents? Do we need an outside consultant?

[quote user="Warchild"]If you look at our free agent signings under Reese,, you will notice a disturbing trend that we have been paying big money, for average production. How come he struggles in this area? Do we need a 3rd party consultant to evaluate future FA signings?

Discuss...[/quote]Idk what to say, the Rolle signing was the only one to seem worth it,but at this point it's been anything but.... canty move was mind boggling, bass wasn't even a legit Center, I wasn't familiar with Boley but he's earned his pay....overall we've made pretty bad FA moves,anyone say anything different is being way to nice....

Our FA signings have largely been terrible both in terms of price and result. Boley is having a great year so he doesn't look too bad at the moment, but before this year he wasn't more than average. Before that, it's hard to think of impact free agents that have worked out -- maybe Pierce? Really? We have to go back that far?
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Our FA signings have largely been terrible both in terms of price and result.* Boley is having a great year so he doesn't look too bad at the moment, but before this year he wasn't more than average.* Before that, it's hard to think of impact free agents that have worked out -- maybe Pierce?* Really?* We have to go back that far?*
    [/quote]

Agreed.

I actually think Boley has played out of his mind this year. Thinking he'll keep that up may be unrealistic.

Canty just isnt as tenacious as you'd expect for a big time free agent DT

Two question Who is Rocky Bernard and Where is Rocky Bernard. Garbage.

(This is why I categorically disagree with signing DTs in free agency. There's always like 50 good DTs in the draft and you don't have to deal with them getting lazy after a big contract signing)

Rolle's mouth is bigger than his game but he's been basically good so he may not be worth exactly what he's paid but I'll let it slide.

The one that's really annoying is this Baas signing. I mean who the hell is reviewing the film on these guys before we offer a contract?? the guy can't run block. He's nothing special in pass protection and he's injury prone. I mean seriously Reese you gotta do better than that. The majority of his free agents need to take a paycut or just get cut period.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Free agent signings is a crap shoot.

After the season the gm has to look at what was the main issue with the team, and how can we address it.

Canty was a questionable signing, he played a 3-4 d-end in Dallas. So we over pay him to move to d-tackle?

Boley was a good signing, we addressed a position that was neglected for years.

Rolle got the big contract for a few reasons, first we were decimated at the safety position the season before. We lost Phillips for the season at the time, and we had to play CC Brown and Aaron Rouse. So Reese was forced into making a move for a safety.

Rocky Bernard has been average at best, it seems his best years were left in Seattle.

Weatherford has been a great signing, it's funny how the posters who were angry about losing Dodge don't speak of it anymore.

Baas, as most of us thought was a legit signing. Big center who can play guard. But for whatever reason he has been an utter disappointment.

All in all were not the only team in the league that has had failed free agent signings.

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Our FA signings have largely been terrible both in terms of price and result. Boley is having a great year so he doesn't look too bad at the moment, but before this year he wasn't more than average. Before that, it's hard to think of impact free agents that have worked out -- maybe Pierce? Really? We have to go back that far?
    [/quote]

well pierce, mckenzie, plax was the last year in between the year of boley and canty that we tried to add some pieces to help...

I still really like the Rolle signing. He trailed off at the end of last year, but was our D MVP for the first 3/4 of the season lats year. This year he was able to step up in the nickle for us at CB. Rolle has been a great addition for us.

Canty had a good year last year and is having an even better year this year.

Baas is looking brutal though but that was more of a circumstantial signing
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Our FA signings have largely been terrible both in terms of price and result.* Boley is having a great year so he doesn't look too bad at the moment, but before this year he wasn't more than average.* Before that, it's hard to think of impact free agents that have worked out -- maybe Pierce?* Really?* We have to go back that far?*
    [/quote]

well pierce, mckenzie, plax was the last year in between the year of boley and canty that we tried to add some pieces to help...

I still really like the Rolle signing. He trailed off at the end of last year, but was our D MVP for the first 3/4 of the season lats year. This year he was able to step up in the nickle for us at CB.* Rolle has been a great addition for us.

[/quote]

lol...what is it with you and players who don't ball out every snap?

I used to tell my kids that when you play football its mass murder every time...every snap go stop someone's heart.... Canty cherry picks.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

All-Pro

Free agency has average and overpaid written all over it. High profile signings that are worth the money they paid are few and far between. Jared Allen maybe? Randy Moss? The fact that Rolle has been solid, but still getting paid lots of money is pretty much par for the course. I think Boley is paying dividends though. Baas, I'm giving one more year.

Canty is playing well, but still over paid.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Our FA signings have largely been terrible both in terms of price and result. Boley is having a great year so he doesn't look too bad at the moment, but before this year he wasn't more than average. Before that, it's hard to think of impact free agents that have worked out -- maybe Pierce? Really? We have to go back that far?
    [/quote]

I still really like the Rolle signing. He trailed off at the end of last year, but was our D MVP for the first 3/4 of the season lats year. This year he was able to step up in the nickle for us at CB. Rolle has been a great addition for us.

[/quote]

lol...what is it with you and players who don't ball out every snap?

I used to tell my kids that when you play football its mass murder every time...every snap go stop someone's heart.... Canty cherry picks.[/quote]

sorry but the reality of it is that you can make the same arguments against 98% of the league.

I dont even want to imagine how bout our secondary would of been this year without Rolle. Canty plays DT, which is equivalent to a DE in a 3-4 so the fact that we threw money at him wasn't that bad. Probably a little over paid, but his play is dramatically underrated.

First quarter of the season everybody was saying how the DTs were the best position on our team with the way they were playing. Bottom line I don't live week to week and I step back and look at the whole year. I don't play for team dramatic

And honestly, I don't value ur opinion about balling out or playing wtih heart since u can't recognize Tuck's situation and u call him a *****.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game