+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Time to draft an O-lineman next year?

I believe it is time to take our 1st round pick last year and use it on an offensive lineman, that is definitely the weakest part of our team, next to our secondary which is really only bad cuz of the injuries like it is each year, thanks terrel thomas you pansie.

They probably should, but they probably will take the BPA again. It's kinda JR's thing

Bench Player
    I would like a stud tackle, and I think if Prince turns out good, and Rolle plays Safety, our secondary has alot of potential.

I Wouldn't Mind The Giants Drafting An O-Lineman In The First Round, I Have Given It Some Thought.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    They should probably draft OL in the first 3 rounds....

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    They should probably draft OL in the first 3 rounds....
    Likely, I hope one in the first 2 rounds. Will certainly have to have some one with talent, just don't think Brewer has it.

Giants have done a poor job scouting and developing lineman the last few years.The guys they were targeting high like Solder and Ijalana have played poorly as well. There were lineman to be had the Giants just have been picking the wrong 1's. Rookie Bobbie Massie is starting in Arizona he had real good tape dont get why they kept passing on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Giants have done a poor job scouting and developing lineman the last few years.The guys they were targeting high like Solder and Ijalana have played poorly as well. There were lineman to be had the Giants just have been picking the wrong 1's. Rookie Bobbie Massie is starting in Arizona he had real good tape dont get why they kept passing on him.
    redeye, I'm sure you, as well as other posters may have an idea who some of the draft eligible O-linemen this coming year.

I know Alabama's o-line looked good the other night. Any particular names we should be looking at?
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    redeye, I'm sure you, as well as other posters may have an idea who some of the draft eligible O-linemen this coming year.

I know Alabama's o-line looked good the other night. Any particular names we should be looking at?
    Its early but anyone on that Alabama Oline looks damn good. The best thing about them is that they are physical. Probably no LT's on that line but they have some beast RT's and Guards. I like Dallas Thomas from Tennessee . He is 1 of the better LT's but they moved him to LG this year.Kind of like the Eugene Monroe Brandon Albert situation at Virginia. I think the Giants should stop looking at projects on the Oline and draft a technically sound physical player.I like drafting athletes on defense because its more reactionary but on Offense its more about assignments and technique.Ricky Wagner Wisconsin,Oday obushi Virginia,Luke Joekel and Jake Matthews Texas A&M fit the mold. knowing the Giants they would target guys like Brennan Williams from UNC instead
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 09-04-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Heck no they shoulden't take a Olineman, unless the value is there of course.. Obviously i agree that Oline needs the most tinkering, but i'm not for drafting one in RD 1 unless a guy like the versatile Barrett Jones is on the board, or possibly Ricky Wagner(fits giants mold like a glove).. If we don't resign kenny phillips then S becomes a huge need as well, and a guy like Tj Mcdonald or Kenny Vaccaro could rise to back of 1st rd consideration, and u can't forget about Tyler Eifert TE ND either... Also, depending on how Marvin Austin does this yr , a guy like Kawaan Short DT Purdue could easily be the best value by far when we pick.. So another words, i would never say u have to draft a Olineman just because it seems to be our most troubled spot..

I will also say that i loved the James Brewer pick in RD 4 last yr, and i'm super far from giving up on him.. U would have to be nuts to give up on him all ready.. Hes got the body and long arms, and just needs a bit more coaching... I still think hes gonna end up a steal from that draft..