+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cowboys Fans see Game 1 vs. The Giants as their Superbowl

Wow, the pride of that fanbase has fallen. Its crazy how many of them agree with the OP too. How can you comparing game 1 of the season to the Superbowl?

Check the thread out:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallas...s.php?t=242116

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    Wow, the pride of that fanbase has fallen. Its crazy how many of them agree with the OP too. How can you comparing game 1 of the season to the Superbowl?

Check the thread out:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/dallas...s.php?t=242116
    I just left that thread. Some of them there feel the OP is right, some don't, because there will be 15 games left. Not so much their pride has fallen, as hopefully Romo will take them back to their days of glory.
    I miss Red Hook

Don't let a few forum fans portray that image to you like that. I see in that thread the majority say it is a big game, but not the Superbowl. This is in no way a SB type game, but it is a big one that will be the table setter for the season. You are lying to yourself if you do not think it is a big game either. If we win just one against yas last year, we win the division. So, this first one is a big one, our division always comes down to the end and any win is a good one, no matter what week it is.

On a side note, the Boys are 5-0 on opening night in NY, just food for thought

only 1 fan said that.. this title is misleading

You should try having them as your neighbor, co-worker, or everyday acquaintances. lol

Actually most of them disagreed with the OP in terms of it being even close to "super-bowl esque"

However, it is pretty amusing that we seem to be #1 on the feared opponents list. Love it. Get em GIANTS!!!

I understand where you are coming from but it just seems absolutely ludicrous to me to compare the 1st game of the season to the Superbowl.

I just think the victory tomorrow will be that much sweeter since it will crush so many Cowboy fans spirits since they lost the “Superbowl”.

All-Pro
    Just fan rivalry and how much beating the Giants at this point in time means to them emotionally. Jerry got them all pumped up so they react accordingly.
    No big deal really.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Just fan rivalry and how much beating the Giants at this point in time means to them emotionally. Jerry got them all pumped up so they react accordingly.
    No big deal really.
    Of course it isn't a big deal but you have to admit that game one of the season being compared to the Superbowl is pretty amusing.

Also, the Cowboys beefed up their secondary and interior line for the purpose of defeating the Giants. If this isn't a feel good story, I don't know what is...

Quote Originally Posted by JB456 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from but it just seems absolutely ludicrous to me to compare the 1st game of the season to the Superbowl.

I just think the victory tomorrow will be that much sweeter since it will crush so many Cowboy fans spirits since they lost the “Superbowl”.
    The comparison is somewhat similar to TC last year when we first played the boys in week 15(?), that it was just about a playoff game. The OP is saying that this opening game with both teams has strong implications. Just an emotionally charged game. Think about it if we lose, we look like last year was lucky, if they lose, then Romo is worthless. or something to that effect.
    I miss Red Hook