+ Reply to Thread

Replacement Refs

I got to see very little of the preseason, so I don't have an opinion one way or the other. But some pundits are saying that the replacement refs are likely to mess up badly. Anybody worried about that possibility?

Furthermore, if there are some screw-ups that significantly impact the game, who do you think will be hurt the most, us or the Cowboys? My uninformed guess is that, since they're newbies, it's slightly more likely that they'll tend to be homers, and that we might come out with a net gain on blown calls. Not that that would be desirable -- we'd never hear the end of it from all the whiners around the league.

Another thought: if the game is played in monsoon conditions, that's just one more impediment to a well-officiated game. Keeping track of the clock, accurate spotting, trying to keep the ball dry, etc., while trying to keep their footing and see through the downpour might make it very difficult for them to make tough calls. I predict that there will be a lot of challenges.

I think if Coughlin in your face yelling advantage us cause jason garrett isn't that type of person they seem to get intimidated easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Astorian View Post
    I got to see very little of the preseason, so I don't have an opinion one way or the other. But some pundits are saying that the replacement refs are likely to mess up badly. Anybody worried about that possibility?

Furthermore, if there are some screw-ups that significantly impact the game, who do you think will be hurt the most, us or the Cowboys? My uninformed guess is that, since they're newbies, it's slightly more likely that they'll tend to be homers, and that we might come out with a net gain on blown calls. Not that that would be desirable -- we'd never hear the end of it from all the whiners around the league.

Another thought: if the game is played in monsoon conditions, that's just one more impediment to a well-officiated game. Keeping track of the clock, accurate spotting, trying to keep the ball dry, etc., while trying to keep their footing and see through the downpour might make it very difficult for them to make tough calls. I predict that there will be a lot of challenges.
    The pundits are in the tank for the regular refs. I find it offensive how much these incompetant old fools already make and they have the nerve to hold us hostage. Does everyone here realize that these guys already make $150,000 - $200,000 per year to work 20 games? They fly first class and stay in Ritz Carltons PLUS they get travel and meal money.

Yes I am worried about the replacement BUT I direct my anger at the regular refs who have put us in this situation. They don't need or deserve more. I would gladly work for half of what they make and give the other half to the players retirement fund for guys who've got nothing to show for their playing careers.

Don't let the media turn this one into a sympathy fest for the ridiculously greedy and only marginally competant officials who are holding our season hostage. The replacements will do their best (cringe) but this is not about them, it is about the other zebras.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Id have to agree that any vague call will probably go our way. The last thing these replacements want is a stadium full of 80,000+ people who want their heads