+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Banned
    What is the Flipper Anderson game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    Alot of people think the 49ers will beat us. Personally I think we beat SF and lose to the Bears 4 days later. Chicago is going to be a thorn in our side this year. Last year we beat them twice at ease but the year before all 3 games including the Championship game were tough hard hitting close games. I expect this year to be no different. I think GB should win at least 12 games I hope.
    After the crap the Niners fans pulled here last year, coupled with how they treated a couple of my friends who attended the playoff game last year who were literally attacked, and had beers thrown on them and cursed out 3 ways from sunday (im all for smack talk but attacking 2 women waiting in line at the snack stand is on a whole different level) I hope the Packers stomp them into the dirt. I also think that with Urlacher in his present state that Finley will make a mockery of the Bears.

What is the Flipper Anderson game?
    It was a playoff game in the late 80s....the rams Flipper andersen caught a touch down pass with no time left on clock and ran right into the tunnel as he caught the ball.....sore subject in giants history......we were the far superior team
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by nygfanmaybe View Post
    Well...if you are groping for a reason...can't figure it out...I will help you. He is a ****head.
    +1 - This made me laugh out loud

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    It was a playoff game in the late 80s....the rams Flipper andersen caught a touch down pass with no time left on clock and ran right into the tunnel as he caught the ball.....sore subject in giants history......we were the far superior team
    In NY or St. Louis? I think I might have seen a clip of it on You tube when they showed the greatest playoff games ever. We had one like that and it is called 4th and 26.

In NY or St. Louis? I think I might have seen a clip of it on You tube when they showed the greatest playoff games ever. We had one like that and it is called 4th and 26.
    It was the L.A. rams and it was Giants stadium
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Banned
    Was that 87 or 88? Werent the Giants the best team in football that year?

Banned
    Tough one for you guys tonight. Tampa Bay up next should be a W though.

Was that 87 or 88? Werent the Giants the best team in football that year?
    It was 1989. The biggest wasted opportunity of the Parcells era, many say that 1989 team was better than the team that won the Super Bowl the following year. They were 12-4 and the #2 seed and lost the game in overtime before they got the ball.

Banned
    The 89 team was better than the 90 team. When Phils Simms went down, that 90 team was the weakest team we have ever had that won SuperBowl.