+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silly Question!! Didnt we Draft Barden to help in Redzone &

down when we are in a Goal to Goal Situation?? The other night i saw on 2 seperate series when we had ball down near goal line.

one right after the long pass to Nicks we tried a Fade to corner of endzone on 1st down & 2nd Down. both looked horrible.
    Then on the next time we were down there we tried it again a fade to same left corner of the endzone.

Wouldnt that be a place to use Bardens height?? put the ball up high where only he can get toward back of endzone? Isnt that what we talked about in thread after thread when he was injured on how he could help us when he got back??

U could also use him in that same type situation on a 2point converison which seems the giants need to do alot lately. I think that delayed draw to DJ Ware is not going to surprise anyone again. However throwing a ball to a 6'6 or 6'7 WR up high to the corner, even though you know its coming most times you are not going to be able to do anything about it. Most DBs are short...5'8 or 5'10 whatever.

so am i way off on this or what?? I mean the little we have see Barden in some of the games he has show he has good hands and knows what to do with the ball when he catches it. Why not use him in the Redzone???

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro

Re: Silly Question!! Didnt we Draft Barden to help in Redzone &

It makes perfect sense. That is exactly why Gilbride doesnt do that. Barden has looked great this season too in his limited situations. Eli just hasnt gotten him the ball and the plays arent designed for him in the red zone for some reason.

FYI, Beckum got the second fade on 2nd down, and I was furious. Beckum and Barden look a lot better this season, but still arent being used as much as they should be. But Ballard and Manningham havent been too bad either...

Barden could probably draw some penalties too if he beats his guy.

Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

All-Pro

wow, you have discovered the problem with our offense!!!

we woulda scored 50 the past 2 weeks if we played Barden more

[quote user="G-Man67"]wow, you have discovered the problem with our offense!!!

we woulda scored 50 the past 2 weeks if we played Barden more[/quote]

Have you seen our defense?

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

+1. Time to see what Barden's got and that's why he was drafted.

[quote user="G-Man67"]wow, you have discovered the problem with our offense!!!

we woulda scored 50 the past 2 weeks if we played Barden more[/quote]

I dont know if you meant for that to be in RED or u really meant it. I think you are correct. IF we used him in those goal line situations in the past game and other games where we could only get just FGs I think we could of at least cashed in and converted some of those into TDs. The Guy has an Advantage over most DBs just for the simple fact of his height. if he is going up for a ball he could prob go as high as 9or10 feet in the air if he jumps up for it. Not to many DBs are going to be able to break up a play that high in the air unless they grab him which will draw the flag like another poster said. As long as ELI is on target with is placement of the ball it should be a TD everytime

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="timmytimm3"]Barden could probably draw some penalties too if he beats his guy.[/quote]

+1

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="JJC7301"]+1. Time to see what Barden's got and that's why he was drafted.[/quote]

I mean its funny but we prob could have the answer to all our Redzone problems right under our noses and dont utilizehim...

I know you want to give yourself the best chance to get a TD when u are down there and that means throwing to your proven guys like Nicks, MM and Cruz.. and even Ballard has become a reliable target. However I think using Barden will just add an element that we have not had. He starts doing well down there then it opens it up even more for the other 3

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="JJC7301"]+1. Time to see what Barden's got and that's why he was drafted.[/quote]

I mean its funny but we prob could have the answer to all our Redzone problems right under our noses and dont utilizehim...

I know you want to give yourself the best chance to get a TD when u are down there and that means throwing to your proven guys like Nicks, MM and Cruz.. and even Ballard has become a reliable target. However I think using Barden will just add an element that we have not had. He starts doing well down there then it opens it up even more for the other 3

[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more. At the very least, throw Barden in there instead of Beckum.