+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

IS Fewell gone at the end of the year?

I read that his contract is up and how can we extend him after this nightmare of a year for the defense?

Re: IS Fewell gone at the end of the year?

I sincerely hope he is gone. I did not think that his defense was all that great last year to begin with. They had INTs, but consistently blew up in big moments even last year (i.e. Eagles game). I'm not an X's and O's guy, but there doesnt' ever seem to be adjustments on his part.

I still don't understand why we signed a coordinator from the Buffalo Bills. Still don't get it to this day.

I doubt he's gone, and I have mixed feelings about it.

I want him gone, but then I don't. I can understand what is wrong with this defense and I think it's mixed assignments most of the time. This defense does not know where they are most of the time, being that we got beat 2 times wide open last game.

Only problem with Perry is the schemes he keeps changing. Jekyll and Hyde I'd love to call him.

I believe our FO will blame this defensive collapse on the injuries we have acquired, even though I don't believe that is a legitimate excuse at all.

Losing TT was HUGE, but to not have depth to replace him could all be on the FO and other players not stepping up to the plate.

I'll have to say NO, he won't be gone next year

[quote user="elifan10"]I read that his contract is up and how can we extend him after this nightmare of a year for the defense?[/quote]

I know the Giants like stability but I don't know how they could justify keeping him. The past two years have been embarrasing for a team that prides itself on its defense. The only shot is if he figures out something real quick and the Defense turns it around the next few weeks. Highly unlikely.

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I doubt he's gone, and I have mixed feelings about it. I want him gone, but then I don't. I can understand what is wrong with this defense and I think it's mixed assignments most of the time. This defense does not know where they are most of the time, being that we got beat 2 times wide open last game. Only problem with Perry is the schemes he keeps changing. Jekyll and Hyde I'd love to call him. I believe our FO will blame this defensive collapse on the injuries we have acquired, even though I don't believe that is a legitimate excuse at all. Losing TT was HUGE, but to not have depth to replace him could all be on the FO and other players not stepping up to the plate. I'll have to say NO, he won't be gone next year[/quote]

I agree with your assessment, but I just hope he's gone. I was not impressed last year either.

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]I doubt he's gone, and I have mixed feelings about it. I want him gone, but then I don't. I can understand what is wrong with this defense and I think it's mixed assignments most of the time. This defense does not know where they are most of the time, being that we got beat 2 times wide open last game. Only problem with Perry is the schemes he keeps changing. Jekyll and Hyde I'd love to call him. I believe our FO will blame this defensive collapse on the injuries we have acquired, even though I don't believe that is a legitimate excuse at all. Losing TT was HUGE, but to not have depth to replace him could all be on the FO and other players not stepping up to the plate. I'll have to say NO, he won't be gone next year[/quote]

I agree with your assessment, but I just hope he's gone.* I was not impressed last year either.

[/quote]

I agree with you as well, I just wish Spags was back to DC this team, not to HEAD COACH, but for DC, because that is where he belongs.

[quote user="elifan10"]I read that his contract is up and how can we extend him after this nightmare of a year for the defense?[/quote]

He's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO gone after this year.

You don't give up that many points and keep your job as a DC.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

If they keep Coughlin that will be his 5th DC in 9 years. And the players will have to learn a new playbook yet again.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]If they keep Coughlin that will be his 5th DC in 9 years.* And the players will have to learn a new playbook yet again.
    [/quote]

Very true, and probably another year of horrible defense unless this team can adjust quickly.

We need a LEADER on this team and quickly. It doesn't seem we have that yet.

Is JPP fully capable of becoming a leader next year? Does anyone know if he's vocal in the locker room?

i think it really depends on how far we go in the playoffs with his defense.

hes not who i thought he was. his d plays reckless and gives up too many big plays.

i prefer someone who can provide more consistency from a defensive standpoint.

i think hes gone ifthey play as they have the last several games.