+ Reply to Thread

Eli will have to carry the team

The Giants are going to need 28+ points to win any game from now until next year. The offense is going to have to go in with that mindset and not sit back and be passive. I have no faith the Defense will turn it around at all this year. Eli and the Offense can score on anyone and will need to to move on this year. Gilbride are you listening?

Bench Player

Re: Eli will have to carry the team

The Defense will step it up they always do.
    Its time the run game gives the o line a break

I believe the defense can step up. Does that mean it will happen? We shall see

Our LB and Secondary play has been poor basically all season. It will be difficult for it to suddenlyimprove that much.On the bright side, JPP is playing like an All-Pro.

Eli moving upsome in theMVP race:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...s-mvp-watch-49

All-Pro

[quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants are going to need 28+ points to win any game from now until next year.* The offense is going to have to go in with that mindset and not sit back and be passive.* I have no faith the Defense will turn it around at all this year.* Eli and the Offense can score on anyone and will need to to move on this year.* Gilbride are you listening?[/quote]

I remember after the NE game in 07 everyone crushed our defense and our Passer. Then all of a sudden we shut down every back this side of the MISSISSPPI. Lets see where this run takes us.

All that matters is W's. Noone seems to care that GB lets up 20 plus pts every single week. Why should we?

I would agree that the offense will have to carry the Giants the rest of the way.

[quote user="elismom"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants are going to need 28+ points to win any game from now until next year. The offense is going to have to go in with that mindset and not sit back and be passive. I have no faith the Defense will turn it around at all this year. Eli and the Offense can score on anyone and will need to to move on this year. Gilbride are you listening?[/quote] I remember after the NE game in 07 everyone crushed our defense and our Passer. Then all of a sudden we shut down every back this side of the MISSISSPPI. Lets see where this run takes us. All that matters is W's. Noone seems to care that GB lets up 20 plus pts every single week. Why should we?[/quote]

Big difference is that they are winning games by two TDs where the Giants are winning with 4th quarter heroics. The Packers first time to use their 2 minute drillall seasonwas vs the Giants!!

I dont see how the Giants D can flip a switch. You have vets who are making mistakes!! Cant even blame it on rookies.....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I agree that the offense will have to do a lot of the heavy lifting, but the D has shown the ability to get a pick (or at least be in position to make one) and cause a fumble.

We only have one pick six this season. If the D is not going to be able to stop anyone, they need to convert on some of these interception chances. They are due for a huge one at a big time.

You know what else can take some pressure off the O & D, a ****ing kick or punt return.

All-Pro

[quote user="GameTime"]

[quote user="elismom"][quote user="TroyArcher"]The Giants are going to need 28+ points to win any game from now until next year.* The offense is going to have to go in with that mindset and not sit back and be passive.* I have no faith the Defense will turn it around at all this year.* Eli and the Offense can score on anyone and will need to to move on this year.* Gilbride are you listening?[/quote] I remember after the NE game in 07 everyone crushed our defense and our Passer. Then all of a sudden we shut down every back this side of the MISSISSPPI. Lets see where this run takes us. All that matters is W's. Noone seems to care that GB lets up 20 plus pts every single week. Why should we?[/quote]

Big difference is that they are winning games by two TDs where the Giants are winning with 4th quarter heroics. The Packers first time to use their 2 minute drill*all season*was vs the Giants!!

I dont see how the Giants D can flip a switch. You have vets who are making mistakes!! Cant even blame it on rookies.....

[/quote]Defense needs some confidence, hopefully they tee off on the skins and it carries over to the playoffs.. SWAGGERVILLE (my apologies to Winnipeg for lifting their nickname)