+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why this upcoming week will bother me regardless of the outcome

If we lose tonight, the tone of the "experts" will be like an I-told-you-so. They'll focus on the Giants' deficiencies and the fact that we went 9-7 last year. On the other hand, if we win, the talk will be about the Cowboys' injuries and how they weren't really supposed to compete for the division anyway.

In other words, we won't get credit this week no matter what. Such is life

That was going to bother you no matter what. It is like that every year. I am used to it. I get nervous when they give us credit.

Veteran
    Although I do get personally bothered by the lack of respect we get when we actually deserve it, we do play a lot better historically when we are the under dogs. So the so called experts can doubt us all we want, our teams a lot better when we have a chip on our shoulder.

What's going to bother me win or lose tonight for the next week is waiting 10 days for the next game to either redeem ourselves or continue to roll

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    What's going to bother me win or lose tonight for the next week is waiting 10 days for the next game to either redeem ourselves or continue to roll
    Im with you but it is good for the guys who are banged up to have the extra time to heal up
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Who cares what the experts say?

Sometimes it seems like people would rather the Giants go 6-10 with the ESPN clowns talking about how good they are than win the Superbowl and have ESPN call it luck.

News flash: Those guys don't even know what they're talking about.

Most seasons I blow the ESPN panel away in win loss predictions and its not even close. The only division winner they can ever accurately predict is the Patriots and thats after changing their minds 6 times prior to the playoffs starting. If anything we want the experts to talk about the Cowboys and Eagles and whoever. It just means we're doing something right.

Who cares what the so-called experts say. Let me make it simple for you:

WIN = GOOD
    LOSE = BAD

Glad I could help.

All-Pro
    A win is a win. They can talk all they want.

I'll hate if we lose.
    1. Lost to a division rival
    2. We have to wait awhile for our next game.

None of what I listed has anything to do with analysts. Couldn't care what they think.

Ironically enough this same topic is going on in the cowboys forum, so I'm gonna have a silent laugh