+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Three Signs That Perry Fewell Is An Idiot.

I was pulling for the guy but he seems to miss things that should not be missed. He's an idiot and should be fired.

First Sign That He's An Idiot:

Last season he thought that he somehow would outsmart Peyton Manning by filling the field with DBs..which the Colts prompty ran all over and had the game out of hand by the end of the first quarter.

Second Sign That He's An Idiot:

last Season allows the Miracle In The Meadowlands Part 2 by simply refusing to use any sort of rotation to get some players a rest. We're talking about a scheme that was all about relentless pursuit on the most mobile QB in the history of the game. Guys are not machines..they get tired. He left players in that should have been out and we lose in embarassing fashion and watch our playoff hopes go down the tubes.

Third Sign That He's An Idiot:

INSISTS on rushing three men on third and long despite the fact that it doesn't work. When it has...."Worked" it would have worked better with a 4th rusher. His defense has no philosophy in two years straight.

Once is happenstance, Twice is a coincidence, Three times a trend.

Honorable Mention:

Plays a gimmick 4-2-5 defense that is proven to be ineffective with the current roster. Refuses to try something else.

Plays Zone coverage despite man coverage being the player's strength and despite the players being visably unimpressed with the scheme. Conversely does play man when matchups are not favorable.

Continues to play Deon Grant despite his best play of the year being a fake injury on national television

Continues to Play Justin Tuck despite Justin Tuck being completely ineffective.

Continues to leave rookie DBs on superstar deep threats

Fails to get Kiwi enough Reps at D end

Fails to get rookie linebackers ready to play. Allows a marginal linebacker to come in off his couch 3/4s of the way through the season and show all of them up.

Fails to understand that Aaron Ross cannot cover. Puts Ross in bump and Run coverage on third down...about 4 inches away from an epic fail.

Made defensive players wear wristbands
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: Three Signs That Perry Fewell Is An Idiot.

[quote user="burier"]I was pulling for the guy but he seems to miss things that should not be missed. He's an idiot and should be fired. First Sign That He's An Idiot: Last season he thought that he somehow would outsmart Peyton Manning by filling the field with DBs..which the Colts prompty ran all over and had the game out of hand by the end of the first quarter. Second Sign That He's An Idiot: last Season allows the Miracle In The Meadowlands Part 2 by simply refusing to use any sort of rotation to get some players a rest. We're talking about a scheme that was all about relentless pursuit on the most mobile QB in the history of the game. Guys are not machines..they get tired. He left players in that should have been out and we lose in embarassing fashion and watch our playoff hopes go down the tubes. Third Sign That He's An Idiot: INSISTS on rushing three men on third and long despite the fact that it doesn't work. When it has...."Worked" it would have worked better with a 4th rusher. His defense has no philosophy in two years straight. Once is happenstance, Twice is a coincidence, Three times a trend. Honorable Mention: Plays a gimmick 4-2-5 defense that is proven to be ineffective with the current roster. Refuses to try something else. Plays Zone coverage despite man coverage being the player's strength and despite the players being visably unimpressed with the scheme. Conversely does play man when matchups are not favorable. Continues to play Deon Grant despite his best play of the year being a fake injury on national television Continues to Play Justin Tuck despite Justin Tuck being completely ineffective. Continues to leave rookie DBs on superstar deep threats Fails to get Kiwi enough Reps at D end Fails to get rookie linebackers ready to play. Allows a marginal linebacker to come in off his couch 3/4s of the way through the season and show all of them up. Fails to understand that Aaron Ross cannot cover. Puts Ross in bump and Run coverage on third down...about 4 inches away from an epic fail. Made defensive players wear wristbands[/quote]

We'll just continue to blame injuries because surely NO other DC in the league could EVER make up for the losses of Goff and TT.

Fewell is a mediocre DC who's defense played well against mediocre teams last year. This year, throw in some injuries and they are just roadkill. Then again, injuries to Tuck and Osi don't help either. On the other hand, this D wasn't that great earlier this year when Tuck and Osi were healthy.

There are so many holes with your logic, it's not even funny.

2 of your "signs" happened last season, for one.

We dint have the personel to run a different type if D! We're a team that's notorious for the pass rush, and were not getting to the QB at all!!! And you wonder why our DB's are getting burned?

You forget that Chase Blackburn, the man who "came off his couch" was with the giants fir the past 6 years. He knows how this team works, and the linebackers who he's "showing up" (not boley, of course, he held witten to only 14 yards last week)are ROOKIES!!! I would hope an 8 year veteran could show up a buck of rookies anyway of the week!

And the last point, benching all these players...who would you start instead? Were so depleted on defense it's not even funny. You think wil Blackmon and Tyler sash (maybe one day for sash, i like him. But not now) are better than Aaron Ross and Antrel rolle?

You think tollefson can play better than Justin Tuck???

I'm just glad your not the Defensive coordinator, we wouldn't even be in a playoff race.

[quote user="NYGFaninILL"]There are so many holes with your logic, it's not even funny.

2 of your "signs" happened last season, for one.

We dint have the personel to run a different type if D! We're a team that's notorious for the pass rush, and were not getting to the QB at all!!! And you wonder why our DB's are getting burned?

You forget that Chase Blackburn, the man who "came off his couch" was with the giants fir the past 6 years. He knows how this team works, and the linebackers who he's "showing up" (not boley, of course, he held witten to only 14 yards last week)are ROOKIES!!! I would hope an 8 year veteran could show up a buck of rookies anyway of the week!

And the last point, benching all these players...who would you start instead? Were so depleted on defense it's not even funny. You think wil Blackmon and Tyler sash (maybe one day for sash, i like him. But not now) are better than Aaron Ross and Antrel rolle?

You think tollefson can play better than Justin Tuck???

I'm just glad your not the Defensive coordinator, we wouldn't even be in a playoff race.[/quote]

I'm sorry. Did fewell not coordinate last year? Oh he did? So those first two points are valid? Great thanks for chiming in.

I don't forget that Chase Blackburn was on the team before. But he was cut...He's not a world beater. When he was on the team he was primarily a special teams player. Doesn't excuse the roster with rookie Linebackers who can't play. or you can't get ready to play. Being a rookie is an excuse for getting beat a couple times by a savy vet...Being Rookie is an excuse for making the quote "Rookie mistake". Being a rookie is NOT an excuse to suck.

As far as benchings...Didn't mention Rolle and I don't think Blackmon could do much worse that Ross right now.

And Tolly has played better than Tuck all season...What **** have you been watching dude?

Very rare to find a hole in my logic.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

It would have been far quicker to just type. He doesn't do what the armchair methinks he should do.

[quote user="Gianthunter"]It would have been far quicker to just type. He doesn't do what the armchair me*thinks he should do.[/quote]

I'd get better production out of our D from my armchair.

Veteran

I can add to this. How about the gm vs packers where we had Blackmon matching J Nelson and letting him get behind him.

Isnt the instruction at this point in the game not to let anyone get behind you ? let him catch it underneath but not allow anyone behind you ?

What happened on that play ????

How many times have we just let a wr go for a uncontested TD. Do any of you remember the Seattle game where the WR was left wide open for a td. and you see a whole bunch of players looking at each other with their tale between their legs ?

I dont mind if a player gets beat but leaving a wr wide open like Bryant in a game where we need is inexcusable.

The funny thing is were not at the start of the season or in preseason this is game 14 coming up ????

The guy is a terrible DC a Tim Lewis clone. He even uses some of B Sheridan's plays where he has Tuck play lb lol. I love that play. We have run these plays probably about 30 times and I think maybe 1 pass deflection out of it and all the other times resulted in first downs. good call keep running it I am sure D Brees and others are worried.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Gianthunter"]It would have been far quicker to just type. He doesn't do what the armchair methinks he should do.[/quote] I'd get better production out of our D from my armchair.[/quote] You would drink yourself to death first. Not enough naturaltalent and healthy playersto work with.

Veteran

[quote user="sheepdip"]I can add to this. How about the gm vs packers where we had* Blackmon matching J Nelson and letting him get behind him.

Isnt the instruction at this point in the game not to let anyone get behind you ? let him catch it underneath but not allow anyone behind you ?

What happened on that play ????

How many times have we just let a wr go for a uncontested TD. Do any of you remember the Seattle game where the WR was left wide open for a td. and you see a whole bunch of players looking at each other with their tale between their legs ?

I dont mind if a player gets beat but leaving a wr wide open like Bryant in a game where we need is inexcusable.

The funny thing is were not at the start of the season or in preseason this is game 14 coming up ????

The guy is a terrible DC a Tim Lewis clone. He even uses some of B Sheridan's plays where he has Tuck play lb lol. I love that play. We have run these plays probably about 30 times and I think maybe 1 pass deflection out of it and all the other times resulted in first downs. good call keep running it I am sure D Brees and others are worried.

[/quote]

The covarage breakdowns are the biggest critique I have of Fewell. It's pretty clear to me that there is confusion in the secondary, and it's his job to eliminate that.

I think he lacks Spags' creativity in designing blitzes.

The 3 man rush is an invitation to give a QB 5 seconds in the pocket, when even the best coverage will eventually break down.

Other than that, I think alot is due to the injuries.

Fewell hasn't been able to deal from a full deck. But he's also misplayed the cards he's gotten.

2 glaring examples: Seattle and Philly. There is no excuse for letting 2 backup QBs cornhole your defense at home.

[quote user="JJC7301"]Fewell is a mediocre DC who's defense played well against mediocre teams last year.* [/quote]

This pretty much sums up Fewell .... he's not as bad as Sheridan was but he's not a quality DC either.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)