+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wow not one mention of JPP...

America's Game last night was great, but so incomplete. There wasn't one mention of JPP, who had as big (if not bigger) impact on the outcome of our season as any other player on our team, Eli and Cruz included. Just didn't seem right. I know the season was recapped through the oration of Eli, Tuck, Cruz and Coach Coughlin. But darn, it was like JPP didn't even play a role. How can that be?

Are they going to re-air it?
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

I thought it was very strange also. I mean, he was in the running for DPOY. When the covered the 1st Cowboy game they didnt even mention that they had a chance to win it with a FG. I wasnt to impressed with this years installment. 2007 was much better.

It was rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It was rushed.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing..Not as good as 07 and it was crazy not to talk about JPP at all!
    ALL IN!

It was definitely rushed - and the day before I watched something else that was the exact same footage except no commentary by the players, and no Alec Baldwin. Almost like the added the small interviews and Baldwin to existing footage of the season from the Giants perspective.

Yeah I was pretty let down. No JPP and it seemed like they glossed over a lot of games. I don't really get it.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I thought it was very strange also. I mean, he was in the running for DPOY. When the covered the 1st Cowboy game they didnt even mention that they had a chance to win it with a FG. I wasnt to impressed with this years installment. 2007 was much better.

Because they didn't have a chance to "win it with a FG" it would have been a tie game had they made it.

you guys seem way to annoyed over this.

Tony romo "over throw" to Austin was what they felt was a bigger play to be shown and to their credit, if Austin catches it JPP efforts wouldn't have meant anything.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Yeah I was pretty let down. No JPP and it seemed like they glossed over a lot of games. I don't really get it.

what don't you get? how hard it is to condense a 20 game season into a 1 hour special? they kind of have no choice to skim through games. they did that in the 07 version as well.

Edit- My final say on this is I agree 07 was better(almost entirely because Micheal Strahan is one hilarious S.O.B.) but this was in no way a bad America's Game
    Last edited by GmenFan1980; 09-05-2012 at 04:12 PM.
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It was rushed.
    Sounds like the Championship DVD they made too...
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.