+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

This is what it's all about...

If you love football.....you live for games like this.

If all the match ups play out like both sides think they will.......this should be a ringer. Both teams are banged up at key spots......no excuses for either team on that front.

The Giants are favored....and should be. Until kickoff.....they are the better proven team playing in thier house on a huge stage. The Cowboys have a lot more to overcome than the spread is giving them.

I know the Giants O line is not Canton worthy right now.....but the Cowboys line has been in shambles this offseason....and they have had little time to play together. Against the Giants D Line, thats a big matchup problem for the coaches to overcome.

Rookie Corner Claiborne has to start. Regardless of draft pedigree etc...he is still a rookie corner...and they rarely play lights out right out of the gate.

2nd year 21 year old T Smith switching to LT for the first time. No more needs to be said.

Last years 2nd team, safety, Barry Church, promoted to starter.

I've seen it all as a Cowboys fan of 38 years and I think The Cowboys have the right coaching staff for now and the future....and to prove themselves, they need to win.....regardless of the challanges. That's what good coaches do.

No matter what......this should be a helluva football game.........and that's why we are here.

From what I've read here...I think most of you know how tight this game could be......but if there are King Homers among you that think the Giants win this without question....then please stand and be seen in this thread.

Banned
    This going to be a great game between two division rivals. I am excited to see My Defending SuperBowl Champion NY Giants go out there and start this season as we try to repeat as SuperBowl Champions.

I think you guys feel like you have a lot to prove this season and are very anxious to see what Jason Garret does with his first full season as head coach. Tony Romo is a very good QB and he takes a lot of criticism. He will definitely be looking to silence his critics. Last season there were a lot of growing pains for you guys and you must be very optimistic about strides and improvements you have made this off season. We have all heard about the “revamped” secondary in Big D and I am sure you ar eexpecting them to perform come tomorrow night.

We have taken quite a bit of criticism from the media this off season. A lot of folks feel we are not getting our respect as SuperBowl Champions and that this has put a chip on our shoulders, particularly on the shoulders of our All World QB, Eli Manning. It would seem that we are looking to silence our critics as well. Our suspect offensive line must step it up and keep Demarcus Ware out of our backfield. We must establish our running game and I am very excited about what the tandem of Bradshaw and Wilson is going to bring. I am also extremelt excited to see the blocks that our TE Marcellus Bennet lays out on his former teammates. I am very much looking forward to Eli Manning attacking and testing your “revamped” secondary just as I am looking forward to our ravenous defensive line going after your very skilled QB.

Basically, the very first game of this regular season is between the two teams that played the very last game of the past regular season in a game that decided the division winner. This is high drama and the begining of how the east is won this year. I like our chances and think we are going to pull out a close tightly played game.

Lets get ready for the new NFL season and for our Beloved Big Blue to Successfully Defend Our Championship as The Greatest QB in The History of our storied Organization continues to Lead Us and Cement His Place in The Hall of Fame.

Lets get ready for some NY Giants Football!

I bELIeve.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR WARS View Post
    If you love football.....you live for games like this.If all the match ups play out like both sides think they will.......this should be a ringer. Both teams are banged up at key spots......no excuses for either team on that front.The Giants are favored....and should be. Until kickoff.....they are the better proven team playing in thier house on a huge stage. The Cowboys have a lot more to overcome than the spread is giving them. I know the Giants O line is not Canton worthy right now.....but the Cowboys line has been in shambles this offseason....and they have had little time to play together. Against the Giants D Line, thats a big matchup problem for the coaches to overcome. Rookie Corner Claiborne has to start. Regardless of draft pedigree etc...he is still a rookie corner...and they rarely play lights out right out of the gate. 2nd year 21 year old T Smith switching to LT for the first time. No more needs to be said. Last years 2nd team, safety, Barry Church, promoted to starter.I've seen it all as a Cowboys fan of 38 years and I think The Cowboys have the right coaching staff for now and the future....and to prove themselves, they need to win.....regardless of the challanges. That's what good coaches do.No matter what......this should be a helluva football game.........and that's why we are here.From what I've read here...I think most of you know how tight this game could be......but if there are King Homers among you that think the Giants win this without question....then please stand and be seen in this thread.
    Welcome to these Boards. Great Post. Makes a lot of sense.

This game has way more significance to Dallas and Ny then just another season opener. It's not only and NFC Conference game which are important to have for tiebreakers later in season, but to top it off we are divison rivals. You don't want to stumble out of the gate 0-1, no team does, but you certainly don't want to start out 0-1 in NFCE. In comparison if Philly lost it opener it would not be as devastating having lost to an AFC opponent. Now mind you its the Browns and I'm sure most philly fans have INKED in a win for this game. If they lose it will be embarrassing to say the least.. But not as bad as losing to one of us or a team in your own conference
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-05-2012 at 02:13 AM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

The Homer in me want a 41-20 win With eli gettin 5td passes and tynes 2 FGs while the defense creates 3 turnovers and 5 Sacks.. With that said...the realist in me feels it wiill be a hard fought emotional game right down to the end making us bite our nails and have us sitting at the edge of their seats. With the Giants winning on a late Tynes 51 yarder. Giants 27 Cowboys 24

Whitten, Austin, Dez all play for Dallas well. No significant injuries on the day

For giants Nicks, Hosley, Hixon all play great and the giants also out of it with nothing major
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-05-2012 at 02:11 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Banned
    Miked1958, I completely agree with your post.

I bELIeve.

I think there's just going to be too much adrenaline and emotion in the house with the ceremony, et al. I was at the 2008 home opener vs. Redskins and despite the 16-7 score it was a romp. The Cowboys will put up a better fight but won't be able to blunt all that's going on that night.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Miked1958, I completely agree with your post.

I bELIeve.
    Great which one.. the one right above you talking about the score of the game or the one above that talking about it being a Conference and Div Game making it all the more IMPORTANT....

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Some great matchups in this game along with some mismatches.

I've been waiting to see how Tyron stacks up against JPP for a while now. I think the youngin' will handle his own but also get handled at times.

Bold prediction: Eli throws two interceptions.

Bolder prediction. Romo throws 3 picks & fumbles once.

Quote Originally Posted by Parademon View Post
    Bolder prediction. Romo throws 3 picks & fumbles once.
    That IS bolder