+ Reply to Thread

I am hoping Greenbay and the Saints have 1st rnd byes...simply why?...

...providing the Giants make the playoffs...I see the Giants beating anyone on wildcard weekend, if it isn't GB or NO, providing the defense can turn it up to, at least, "capable" (which they haven't been).

Divisional weekend, the defense will have to play at least to a "mid-range" level...like a 15th ranked defense. Given that I think they could move on and beat GB or NO at a "mid-range" level and compete and possibly win the SB at that level. The Afc is not the threat to a superbowl win for us, it is NO, GB and Perry Fewell.
    We have a bottom level DC, yes, some injuries too, and this is the problem...how can you not agree? Our run game sucks but we are still a top-ranked offense!

Re: I am hoping Greenbay and the Saints have 1st rnd byes...simply why?...

The running game is starting to click and it's looking like Kenny Phillips is playing. That should help out the secondary quite a bit.

Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

Veteran

I hope we make the playoffs.

[quote user="Seducer"]I hope we make the playoffs.[/quote]

+1

[quote user="hungrrrry"]...providing the Giants make the playoffs...I see the Giants beating anyone on wildcard weekend, if it isn't GB or NO, providing the defense can turn it up to, at least, "capable" (which they haven't been).

Divisional weekend, the defense will have to play at least to a "mid-range" level...like a 15th ranked defense. Given that I think they could move on and beat GB or NO at a "mid-range" level and compete and possibly win the SB at that level. The Afc is not the threat to a superbowl win for us, it is NO, GB and Perry Fewell.
    We have a bottom level DC, yes, some injuries too, and this is the problem...how can you not agree? Our run game sucks but we are still a top-ranked offense![/quote]

I'd much rather play GB at GB then the Saints at the Saints.

Simply from the standpoint of the Saints having a running game (at least GB doesn't threaten you that way overly).

Having said that, those two teams are the only ones I don't think we can beat (I think we match up well against any of the other NFC teams).
    I have met you. You dont even look good in a winter coat let alone a wet t-shirt... -GameTime

I hope NO doesnt get the bye. I hope its GB and SF with the bye and we get the four seed.
    We could win a playoff game at home, and then go to SF and win there.

Or we could lose to the redskins on sunday.
    who knows with these guys

Exactly, our secondary may let Grossman look like an All Pro again come Sunday.

If we go get in playoffs N.O. concerns me the most. After watching the last two games against them it seems that Brees can methodically get the ball down the field with very little resistance.

If Giants win the divison most likely they are the 4 seed. Means they would play the wild card team with the better record, right now would be Atlanta, and if they win that game, would probably have to go to GB, unless NO loses to the other wild card team, in which case Giants would then go to SF

All-Pro

Actually Id perfer 49ers to get the bye week. We have a better shot at beating SF in SF then NO in NO if that matchup happens. SF could take care of NO in SF IMO.

1-GB
    2-SF
    3-NO
    4-NY
    5-ATL
    6-Det/Dal/Chi